• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Games #6 & #7 - Looking ahead to Savannah: Kent State (Friday) & UNCW (Saturday)

Started by VULB#62, November 21, 2017, 10:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUGrad1314

Burton Walker and Golder 1-12 Wow. Hopefully that corrects a bit and our offense can get going and perform a little better.

VU2014

The refs seem to be more quick with the whistle on Valpo. it sounded like Coach Lottich was lobbying the refs at the end of the half. 18 FTA to 6 for us!

VU2014

It sounds like when UNCW isn't going to the foul line they're getting the rest of their points in quick transitions.
https://twitter.com/AlexRileySN/status/934586703242817537

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VU2014 on November 25, 2017, 07:32:22 PM
The refs seem to be more quick with the whistle on Valpo. it sounded like Coach Lottich was lobbying the refs at the end of the half. 18 FTA to 6 for us!
That certainly hasn't helped but you can't argue that Valpo has done much to help themselves this half. They need to be better if they're going to put this game out.

jloose128

Great defense by Valpo for a decent stretch, and now the defense has completely disappeared again.

VU2014

UNCW going on a run. uncw 50, valpo 49 with 11:43 left in the 2nd half.

VUGrad1314

Now can we do what we didn't do last night and attack the player in foul trouble when he's in?

VUGrad1314

I get that his scoring numbers have disappointed and he's supposed to be a scorer but if Burton could stop pressing play within himself and trust that the points will come from that (they will) that'd be great.

VUGrad1314

VUGrad1314

Much better this half! Good things happen when you attack the rim! Got away with one there. Tevonn steps up and knocks down two more. And then one more. Following a layup by Wilmington Tevonn steps up to the line again and knocks down a pair, Valpo wins 79-70! Successful stint in Savannah has us at 7-0!On to Utah State! Let's beat the Aggies and close out November the right way!Go Valpo! Evelyn was absolutely incredible as was our defense most of the game! Well done!

bbtds

At first it was all Wilmington, then it was all even and then it was all Evelyn!

VUSL98

I was traveling while the game was on.  Does anyone know if and where I could find a replay of this game?  Sounds like Bakari had a career game.

valpotx

Another gritty win when several guys were struggling with their shot.  I was saying before this game that Smits has a few good games under his belt, Linssen did well last game, and it was now time for Sorolla to snap out of his funk.  He did just that, when it mattered most :).
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VUSL98 on November 25, 2017, 08:44:35 PM
I was traveling while the game was on.  Does anyone know if and where I could find a replay of this game?  Sounds like Bakari had a career game.
No TV for this one unfortunately.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: valpotx on November 25, 2017, 08:48:05 PMAnother gritty win when several guys were struggling with their shot.  I was saying before this game that Smits has a few good games under his belt, Linssen did well last game, and it was now time for Sorolla to snap out of his funk.  He did just that, when it mattered most :).

Sorolla was probably the second best Crusader tonight behind Evelyn. He made several big defensive plays down the stretch.

VULB#62

Does our performance in Savannah serve as a decent barometer of how we compare to Loyola at this point in the season? Loyola had no trouble with UNCW and their win margin vs. Kent was pretty convincing. We had to work harder for our two wins.

VULB#62

How is that possible?  What about Loyola? Loyola's Donte Ingram was co-MVP according to the LUC Twitter feed.

VULB#62

gamelord

VUSL98...Just do what I do when traveling. Download the free tunein radio app, search for wvur and you can listen to all of the games no matter where you're at.

a3uge

Quote from: VULB#62 on November 25, 2017, 09:15:24 PM
Does our performance in Savannah serve as a decent barometer of how we compare to Loyola at this point in the season? Loyola had no trouble with UNCW and their win margin vs. Kent was pretty convincing. We had to work harder for our two wins.
They were down 3 at half to a SWAC team last week. So if you go on that game, no. If you go on this game, yes. It's almost as if these two teams should just play later in the year.