• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Team Hillary - wearing blue

Started by crusadermoe, March 14, 2018, 12:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusadermoe

I happened across this coincidence when I saw there were few west coast teams this year.   

The "blue" states won by Hillary Clinton in 2016 were only about 12-15 schools in the whole field of 68 this year.   Two lost last night. 

More remarkable is that just two of the Top 28 teams is from a BLUE state.   Of course it is the #1 seed; Virginia and a #4 Gonzaga so they may last a while.  I may have missed one or two more.   

Rhode Island is a #7 but most of them are bottom feeders.   How many make the Sweet 16?   Gonzaga doesn't seem coastal at all, but they do come from a blue.  Since rallying around the home team can win you a lot of votes at the polls, the Dems should roll out their 2020 heavyweights Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren to rally the campuses at Rhode Island, Iona, Vermont, and Providence!  Perhaps  even bike the route to save a few more days for the planet. 

It helps when the SEC is  up and the PAC-12 is down.  Some of us will savor it while  it lasts.

Just Sayin

crusadermoe

NativeCheesehead

lol I see literally nothing good coming from this thread.

vuny98

Just Sayin

vu84v2

What do Douglas County, KS; Albemarle County, VA; Philadelphia County, PA; Hamilton County, OH; Durham County, NC;  and Orange County, NC have in common?

1. They all are home to #1 or #2 seeds in the NCAA Basketball Tournament.
2. All lean democratic (some strongly) and none supported Trump.

The only exception to this is Tippecanoe County in Indiana.

I am not great fan of Hillary Clinton, but the argument of state political support being related to NCAA Tournament team success makes little to no sense.

crusadermoe

Of course it makes no sense.   It is just fun to needle the folks.   Flip it back to the Obama map and the Dems flip it all or nearly so getting NC, OH, FL, MI, WI, and PA.

Silly can be fun.   Unless liberals have  no sense of humor.  Some radio hosts have speculated that such is the case.

VU75

Here is another coincidence.  Of the 27 schools mentioned in the FBI investigation, 24 come from states carried by Donald Trump.

usc4valpo

Clinton needs to just away for every American's sake. she has been truly pathetic after the election.

crusadermoe

Just another update on the crucial count of schools advancing from Hillary states.    Three reached the Sweet 16.   

Gonzaga was logical.    But Loyola and Syracuse reached as 11 seeds. Now hanging on by a thread.   Two shockers carried the blue states to a batting average of 3/16.   That's under the "Mendoza line" of .200      ;D :o

Ha. 

vu84v2

Duke, Kansas and Villanova are obviously from blue areas...

Perhaps Clinton is like Trump in that regard - he has been truly pathetic after the election too (as well as before).

valpopal

Quote from: vu84v2 on March 19, 2018, 05:07:07 PM
Duke, Kansas and Villanova are obviously from blue areas...

...but not from blue/Hillary electoral states, which is what matters. Otherwise, you could claim most college teams are located in university communities, which obviously tend to lean left.

crusadermoe

Go Ramblers!!     You and Syracuse are the 2016 blue state universities still alive.  And then there will be one by tomorrow night. 

One of 8.  Still below the Mendoza line.  :)