• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Tears

Started by usc4valpo, March 31, 2018, 08:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usc4valpo

I love sports as much as anybody, and at times I get into the games. The NCAA tournament has been outstanding and dramatic. Great moments. However, what I question and laugh about are these fans crying when their their team is getting defeated. When Virginia lost to UMBC, seeing their fans weep as their beloved Vols got trounced was ridiculas. Last night in a phenomenal women's semi between Notre Dame and UConn, UConn fans were crying at the end - seriously, I mean how can their lives be any worse if they cannot win their 12th national championship? This sport is great drama, but some people need a reality check.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: usc4valpo on March 31, 2018, 08:37:05 AM
I love sports as much as anybody, and at times I get into the games. The NCAA tournament has been outstanding and dramatic. Great moments. However, what I question and laugh about are these fans crying when their their team is getting defeated. When Virginia lost to UMBC, seeing their fans weep as their beloved Vols got trounced was ridiculas. Last night in a phenomenal women's semi between Notre Dame and UConn, UConn fans were crying at the end - seriously, I mean how can their lives be any worse if they cannot win their 12th national championship? This sport is great drama, but some people need a reality check.

No question it's unsettling.