• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Adam Amin calling the Miami Game this week...

Started by valpo04, September 28, 2011, 12:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo04

3:30pm ET: Bethune Cookman-Miami (FL), ESPNU (Adam Amin, Dan Hawkins)

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

Comcast doesn't have ESPNU, at least not in Valpo, until a rather premium package.

:(

valporun

I believe this game might be on ESPN 3, after the fact, or there are the numerous bootleg sites available.

rlh

Quote from: agibson on September 29, 2011, 02:32:50 PM
Comcast doesn't have ESPNU, at least not in Valpo, until a rather premium package.

:(
I am in Valpo and have ESPNU....it's part of their sports package

agibson

I suppose that fits my definition of "rather premium" package ;)

Does ESPN3 work from Valpo comcast?  I've not tried it.

rlh

Quote from: agibson on September 29, 2011, 09:11:18 PM
I suppose that fits my definition of "rather premium" package ;)

Does ESPN3 work from Valpo comcast?  I've not tried it.
I get it on my laptop, so I guess so.  I'm not sure what has to be done for that, but I get it

valpofan56

If you're at home, it should automatically recognize your ISP and give you access to ESPN3 if you're eligible (I'm pretty sure just about every major ISP now includes ESPN3 access). I know for a fact that Comcast and Uverse do as I've had both of them.

You can also access ESPN3 away from home by providing your login info for your ISP account. For example, I've watched games on ESPN3 on my phone over a solid 3G signal.

agibson

OK - cool.  Thanks.

Works sort of OK from home.  A lot of these US media companies that now stream could learn a thing or two from Slingbox.  If the streaming's resource limited (bandwidth, or CPU) you should always privilege the audio.  And you should decrease the quality before you drop frames.

Let's see if the Miami game shows up.

talksalot

Did anyone catch Adam Amin doing Play by Play on the UCF-Houston game on ESPN2 the other day?   His Color guy... was...   Bryce Drew.

That was fun...

Just Sayin

Quote from: talksalot on January 05, 2020, 06:11:43 PM
Did anyone catch Adam Amin doing Play by Play on the UCF-Houston game on ESPN2 the other day?   His Color guy... was...   Bryce Drew.

That was fun...

Bryce has come a long way from the mumbling and hesitation days. He's very good at his job. I was pleasantly surprised by his performance.  He seemed engaged, articulate, spot-on and was having fun. I don't see him getting back into coaching. He seemed to enjoy commentating too much. Do you know if he has a long contract or a short-term trial contract?

bbtds

Quote from: Just Sayin on January 05, 2020, 07:14:58 PM
Quote from: talksalot on January 05, 2020, 06:11:43 PM

That was fun...

Bryce has come a long way from the mumbling and hesitation days. He's very good at his job. I was pleasantly surprised by his performance.  He seemed engaged, articulate, spot-on and was having fun. I don't see him getting back into coaching. He seemed to enjoy commentating too much. Do you know if he has a long contract or a short-term trial contract?

Ummmm, no.