• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Maybe Warsaw can knock out Penn

Started by bbtds, October 26, 2018, 11:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

Will Warsaw be able to beat Penn this year without having the Northern half of the state depending on Valpo High to knock off Penn?

Warsaw (7-2) with losses to Plymouth and NorthWood.

Penn lost to a Birmingham, MI team and Mishawaka (4A).

FYI, Penn, Warsaw and Valpo are 6A.

IndyValpo

History would say no. Penn has won 5 straight sectionals, 6 of the last 7.  They beat Warsaw 40-0 in last year's tourney

bbtds

Quote from: IndyValpo on October 26, 2018, 12:45:40 PM
History would say no. Penn has won 5 straight sectionals, 6 of the last 7.  They beat Warsaw 40-0 in last year's tourney

You are correct of course. Just hoping that a team can get over their huge hump. That would take off some of the big pressure of new Valpo coach Mitchell and the rest of the Northern Indiana 6A schools.

talksalot

SECTIONAL FOOTBALL: Penn 16, Warsaw 7. Final. Kingsmen will host Valparaiso next Friday (Nov. 2) in the Sectional Championship.

SECTIONAL FOOTBALL: TD Kingsmen !!! Trenton Horvath blasts 8 yards for the TD. Penn 16, Warsaw 7. Fourth quarter 10:28.

SECTIONAL FOOTBALL: Wide receiver Brock Boynton fires a strike to Nick Favilla for a 51-yard gain to the Warsaw 11.... Penn 10, Warsaw 7. Fourth quarter

SECTIONAL FOOTBALL: TD KINGSMEN !!! Brock Boynton snares a pass from Ron Powlus for a 21-yard TD. Penn 10, Warsaw 7.

VUGrad1314

Didn't need them to. VHS did it themselves 21-0 bringing home the Sectional championship! Amazing work after the offseason turmoil and the 0-2 start! It was the first time Penn had been shut out since 2011 against Carmel a span of 89 games.

bbtds

And I'll be around the Region Friday afternoon/evening. I'll probably poke my head into the Bradley/Valpo volleyball match at the ARC and see the end of Crown Point at VHS state playoff game.