• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

B Wood's MSU profile

Started by valpospartan, October 07, 2011, 11:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpospartan

Michigan State is profiling it's 2011 basketball players.  This week it's Brandon wood's turn.  In it, he gives credit to Valpo.http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-baskbl/msu-m-baskbl-body.html

valpopal

Nice to hear Brandon's good words about Valpo. I saw him not too long ago, and he seems to have bulked up quite a bit during the off-season, looks much stronger and more muscular. He ought to have a fine year.

I wish he was still at Valpo, but you can't blame him for taking this opportunity. I think he is a credit to VU, and I hope he has a great season. It should get off to a high profile and exciting start with the Carrier Classic aboard the USS Carl Vinson against North Carolina on Nov. 11. In fact, rumor has it that Pres. Obama might attend.

vu72

a terrific kid.  I wish him all the best.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

FWalum

Quote from: vu72 on October 08, 2011, 09:31:39 AM
I second that opinion.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

vuweathernerd

Quote from: FWalum on October 08, 2011, 11:44:46 AM
Quote from: vu72 on October 08, 2011, 09:31:39 AM
I second that opinion.
thirded. despite what some of the bitter bad apples have said since he announced he was leaving. go brandon!

wh

Excellent comments!  I hope he has a big year.

humbleopinion

Those were nice comments by Brandon, but we should also give credit to the Mich St producers of the piece.  It was obviously edited, and they chose to keep in his comments about Valpo, and even positioned them at the beginning.
Beamin' Beacons

valpopal

Quote from: valpopal on October 08, 2011, 08:57:05 AM
Nice to hear Brandon's good words about Valpo. I saw him not too long ago, and he seems to have bulked up quite a bit during the off-season, looks much stronger and more muscular. He ought to have a fine year.

I wish he was still at Valpo, but you can't blame him for taking this opportunity. I think he is a credit to VU, and I hope he has a great season. It should get off to a high profile and exciting start with the Carrier Classic aboard the USS Carl Vinson against North Carolina on Nov. 11. In fact, rumor has it that Pres. Obama might attend.

President Obama's intention to attend the game was confirmed today.

covufan

Quote from: valpopal on October 13, 2011, 01:42:08 PM
Quote from: valpopal on October 08, 2011, 08:57:05 AM

President Obama's intention to attend the game was confirmed today.
Should be an interesting game to watch.

Agreed, Brandon is a credit to VU.

lowposter

Never been on a flattop.  How much will waves effect shooting?  Or, is this going to be in harbor? 

lowposter

covufan

Quote from: lowposter on October 13, 2011, 04:45:18 PM
Never been on a flattop.  How much will waves effect shooting?  Or, is this going to be in harbor? 

lowposter

Waves shouldn't have much effect, but a 25 knot wind might! :)

The game will be in port.

historyman

It always interesting during an outdoor game when a player puts up a shot that he knows is way off and suddenly the wind changes the shot enough to make it go in and the player has a surprise look on his face. Of course the opposite is true also when the wind blows a good shot away from the basket enough to make the player extremely frustrated by the wind.

I also wanted to send some kudos Brandon's way. The fact that he was even having a conversation with Homer on the phone and showed so much concern for the condition of his FORMER coach really says a lot about the kind of person Brandon really is. A lot of guys would just be looking forward to their days with Michigan State and not backward at all. I'm sure a lot of Spartan players are wondering what kind of relationship Brandon had with his coach at Valpo to care this much about him.