• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

MoState Buzzer Beater

Started by M, February 11, 2019, 12:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M

I don't know how to put a link in here or a video clip...but that play on the buzzer beater was wild. Double dribble, travels, fouls...looks like it all probably happened in that one play and all went uncalled.  Result, half court bomb to win it. Haha

valpopal

EddieCabot

Quote from: M on February 11, 2019, 12:17:44 PM
I don't know how to put a link in here or a video clip...but that play on the buzzer beater was wild. Double dribble, travels, fouls...looks like it all probably happened in that one play and all went uncalled.  Result, half court bomb to win it. Haha

I flipped to that game after the Valpo game and caught the last play.  Watching live, I thought the guy who hit the shot double-dribbled, then travelled, before shooting.  Watching the replay, I'm not convinced I'm wrong.  This was the ultimate case of refs swallowing their whistles.

I may be the only one, but I don't feel the least bit sorry for ISU.  They should have won both this game and the Valpo game easily, but made enough mistakes to put themselves in a position to get beat by a half-court heave.  At Valpo, they had an 8 point lead before their last 6 possessions included 3 turnovers and 2 missed front-ends.  At MSU, they were up 5 with 0:13 left and couldn't close it out. 

bbtds

Quote from: EddieCabot on February 11, 2019, 01:08:32 PMAt Valpo, they had an 8 point lead before their last 6 possessions included 3 turnovers and 2 missed front-ends.  At MSU, they were up 5 with 0:13 left and couldn't close it out. 

Including two offensive charges.

VUGrad1314

The Redbirds have had a truly heartbreaking season. Two buzzer beater losses and all that optimism all those expectations turn into this. I feel for their fanbase. If any MVC team\fanbase has more reason than we do to pine for what could have been it's them.

JD24

The only blatant call missed on the final play was the clear double dribble which is only made more maddening by the fact that the official (at the top of the screen) had a clear view of it. Probably a case of so much going on in the sequence that he missed it.

oklahomamick

Illinois St. unlucky vs. Valpo & Missouri St on the road.  That's two more wins they should have and would be tie for 1st. 

Bad luck yes, but I think the injuries we have had are worse luck than the 2 buzzer beaters.
CRUSADERS!!!