• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Drake

Started by M, February 14, 2019, 02:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M

Drake is at it again. Scooping up region kids. Heard they just offered former Merrillville SF Jonah Jackson (heard he will probably accept). He is currently at John A Logan JUCO. Drake going to be able to run an entire region five out there pretty soon.

VUGrad1314

Good. Another high attendance game and potential rival. We should embrace their recruiting of the region. After all we can't sign them all.

VU2010

I've already made my opinion on the matter known but was in the minority. So, I won't beat that drum on here any more. But, I still view it as a big miss on our behalves.

valpopal

Basketball player charged after off-campus shooting in Iowa

DES MOINES, Iowa — Former Griffith basketball player Tremell Murphy, who is entering his senior season with the Drake University men's basketball team, was arrested and charged Thursday in connection to an off-campus shooting.

The university released a statement on Twitter Thursday saying that Murphy, who led the Panthers to a runner-up finish in the 2015 Class 3A state championship, has been removed from all team activities due to his involvement in the alleged accidental shooting of a 19-year-old Drake student on Aug. 31.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: valpopal on September 12, 2019, 09:06:07 PM

Basketball player charged after off-campus shooting in Iowa

DES MOINES, Iowa — Former Griffith basketball player Tremell Murphy, who is entering his senior season with the Drake University men's basketball team, was arrested and charged Thursday in connection to an off-campus shooting.

The university released a statement on Twitter Thursday saying that Murphy, who led the Panthers to a runner-up finish in the 2015 Class 3A state championship, has been removed from all team activities due to his involvement in the alleged accidental shooting of a 19-year-old Drake student on Aug. 31.

I'd say "how sad", but I'm not sure a gun is necessary in a dorm/apt.  Classic example of why I don't personally own a firearm.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/2299569001