• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Indiana Dunes officially declared a National Park

Started by crusader05, February 15, 2019, 05:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

Quote from: crusader05 on February 15, 2019, 05:12:13 PM

I am very excited about this!!

I am also. I have been one of the people officially advocating for this over the years. Check out my website: https://edwardbyrneindianadunes.com/

VUGrad1314

This can't be bad for our state our region or for our university! Having that kind of proximity to a national park is another strong selling point that can help attract students.

VULB#62

That is absolutely super. Great memories only 40 minutes from campus (maybe less now): freshman orientation in the dunes, ice flows in January, some pretty memorable evening dates in May.

justducky

Quote from: VULB#62 on February 16, 2019, 07:37:26 PM
That is absolutely super. Great memories only 40 minutes from campus (maybe less now): freshman orientation in the dunes, ice flows in January, some pretty memorable evening dates in May.
Be a gentleman and keep the details to yourself.  ::)

Quote from: valpopal on February 15, 2019, 05:22:48 PMI have been one of the people officially advocating for this over the years. Check out my website: https://edwardbyrneindianadunes.com/
Nice work. Over a half century since I've walked it.

VUGrad1314

Greatpictures but I think he missed an opportunity by not making his twitter handle Valpoetry.

bbtds

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 17, 2019, 02:14:20 PM
Greatpictures but I think he missed an opportunity by not making his twitter handle Valpoetry.

I don't care what they say, valpopal is a name I like. For some reason it reminds of the Victory Bell.  ;D

valpopal

Quote from: VU2014 on February 17, 2019, 02:09:10 PM
Love the dunes. Sounds like a win for the Region and the University on this one.

Side Note: If you ever want a great twitter follow I'd recommend VU english professor Bryne. He takes beautiful photography of the Dunes. Twitter: @valpopoetry

Thanks for the much appreciated plug!