• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2019 Men’s Soccer

Started by NotBryceDrew, July 12, 2019, 01:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotBryceDrew

Did the loss of Central Arkansas cause scheduling issues for 2019 as they changed the MVC conference game format?

valpotx

That's a big loss, as UCA has done well over the last few seasons.  I wish that that the MVC had more participants in Men's Tennis and Men's Soccer. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

agreed, usually the state schools don't sponsor men's soccer.  Schools that have football most of the time don't have men's soccer. 

I wish E. Illinois would come back to the mvc as an associate member for men's soccer. 

That would really hurt the summit league men's soccer as they would drop to 6 after the addition of umkc. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

They might strongly consider that because it would result in better  travel for them than the Summit League and save their athletic department some much needed cash. I wouldn't be surprised if those discussions are underway as we speak for them to leave the SL in mens soccer to join the MVC.

VUGrad1314

I'm guessing tensions between Valpo and the HL have eased somewhat. If we count future HL member PFW, Valpo is playing 3 HL games in mens soccer and volleyball and a whopping 6 in womens soccer. I'd love to see us play more MAC teams in these sports as well.

oklahomamick

E. Illinois was once an associate member for men's soccer in the MVC.  Don't know why they left.  They were never competitive.
CRUSADERS!!!