• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Musings about the ARC- from the Monday VB game

Started by valpospartan, September 30, 2019, 08:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpospartan

VU VB had their home opener tonight - unfortunately a 0-3 sweep to powerhouse UNI.  But I digress.  I want to report on the 2019-2020  ARC experience.
:) The video board showed live player stats for players on the floor.  This is a first for VB.  When I say live I mean LIVE.  Unlike what we've been used to for BB games, Updates were virtually instantaneous.  In addition, there is a much better interface. There were even replays.
  ??? For the concession haters, You'll be happy to know that there was no floor level concession stand open (none open anywhere).  Of course that meant that those of us in the hot gym, were not able to buy even a bottle of water.
>:( No change to the historically horrible PA system.

VUBBFan

In regards to replays, there were a couple of basketball games where they threw up replays on the video board last year. They were only three or four per game, but they have had the ability to do it. They just don't which is a shame. Don't know if it is a lack of personnel or not caring to do it. Other schools don't seem to have the same trouble using their screens and keeping stats updated.

VULB#62

If this season's football coverage and replays are any indication, their capability has definitely improved over last year. So basketball should be improved as well.

VUGrad1314

Can we please fix the AC problem? It's embarrassing.

vuny98

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on October 01, 2019, 12:32:40 PMCan we please fix the AC problem? It's embarrassing.

Can we please fix the _______ problem? It's embarrassing.

AC
PA System
Lighting
Concessions
Seating
Parking
etc.

NativeCheesehead

The ARC is outdated.

In other news:
Water is wet and politicians lie.