• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

North Dakota State

Started by usc4valpo, December 21, 2019, 03:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usc4valpo

I am watching these guys right now against Montana State, and I hope Valpo is getting a decent paycheck from the Bison. I think the Bison would finish at least 8th in the Big 10 and maybe the top 2 in the MAC!

VUGrad1314

I can't believe we are subjecting ourselves to this game (unless we are making a crap ton of money off of it) because if the Bison want to they can make that 86-7 thrashing North Dakota (Not NDSU) put on us a few years ago look like child's play. I doubt Vegas will even set a line for this one because there is literally no spread the Bison can't cover if they feel like it. This is going to be a demoralizing game for an already beleaguered program. As you said I hope the payout is worth it.

JD24

Is it some sort of bulletin being offered up here that NDSU is going to be a tough game?

FWIW....NDSU opened vs. Butler this season and won 56-10. The score was 36-0 at the half. It's what you should expect vs Valpo or, likely, any PFL teams.

Drake played both SDSU and NDU this past season and got waxed by both and, in between, also lost to Truman State.

Do the message boards at Georgia State, Charleston Southern, Samford, etc. all light up when it dawns on them that they are going to get similarly slashed by Alabama or do they look at it as a game likely necessary to fund the program and perhaps other sports as well?

I'll go with the latter.

valpotx

Never underestimate the ability to sell these types of games to recruits.  Yes, we will get killed.  However, some folks will join our program, knowing that we choose to play against top 25 FCS teams.
"Don't mess with Texas"

JD24

Quote from: valpotx on December 21, 2019, 05:27:11 PMNever underestimate the ability to sell these types of games to recruits.  Yes, we will get killed.  However, some folks will join our program, knowing that we choose to play against top 25 FCS teams.
Playing a game in the Fargo Dome is likely something the players look forward to.

vusupporter

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on December 21, 2019, 04:21:49 PM
I can't believe we are subjecting ourselves to this game (unless we are making a crap ton of money off of it) because if the Bison want to they can make that 86-7 thrashing North Dakota (Not NDSU) put on us a few years ago look like child's play. I doubt Vegas will even set a line for this one because there is literally no spread the Bison can't cover if they feel like it. This is going to be a demoralizing game for an already beleaguered program. As you said I hope the payout is worth it.

North Dakota was a 69-10 final.

vu72

Quote from: usc4valpo on December 21, 2019, 03:49:24 PMI hope Valpo is getting a decent paycheck from the Bison

I posted it somewhere earlier.  We will get $210,000
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

usc4valpo

Maybe we should play LSU and get an even bigger payout!

valpofb16

LSU vs. Valpo would be dangerous. Like tripling health insurance claims dangerous.