• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Evansville's McCarty Put on Leave

Started by bbtds, December 27, 2019, 01:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

may know

bbtds

EddieCabot

McCarty dismissed, per several sources.

VUGrad1314

Unsourced reports that Lickliter is the replacement. If true a home run for the Aces!

Nevermind, they're sourced! How's this for confirmation?

https://twitter.com/UEAthletics_MBB/status/1219826276602609665?s=20

bbtds

I'm wondering if Todd Lickliter's grandson, the son of John Lickliter, who played for Todd at Iowa and played with former Boilermaker JaJuan Johnson at Franklin Central HS, will become a Purple Ace some day. I wonder what former Bull, former Purple Ace, former McLeansboro (now Hamilton County HS) Fox, Jerry Sloan thinks of this whole situation.

FWalum

This could be about as seamless a transition as you could wish for.  Because he was on the staff last year, he should know the staff, players and the scheme that Walter was running.  He will undoubtedly throw in some of his own stuff, but be able to do it in a manner that best fits the makeup of this team. Would love to see UE comeback strong (against everyone but VU).
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

bbtds

Quote from: FWalum on January 22, 2020, 10:30:56 AM
This could be about as seamless a transition as you could wish for.  Because he was on the staff last year, he should know the staff, players and the scheme that Walter was running.  He will undoubtedly throw in some of his own stuff, but be able to do it in a manner that best fits the makeup of this team. Would love to see UE comeback strong (against everyone but VU).

I do believe the reason Lickliter left the Evansville staff when McCarty began this season as head coach was because he was unhappy with the behavior of the head coach and when McCarty was eventually fired Lickliter decided he could help by stabilizing the situation.