• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Butler Creighton Game

Started by Just Sayin, January 04, 2020, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Sayin

Smits having a good game thus far on Fox sports 1

Just Sayin

LSU vs Tennessee game on ESPNU looks interesting but I refuse to listen to that lady announcer. Drives me nuts.

FWalum

Quote from: Just Sayin on January 04, 2020, 11:22:24 AM
Looked pretty good his first rotation in the first half with 6 points in 4 minutes, after that he started playing with a similar attitude to his Valpo days and Jordan obviously did not like what he saw. Barely played in the second half and ended with just those 6 points and 1 rebound.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

Just Sayin

Quote from: FWalum on January 04, 2020, 01:24:46 PM
Quote from: Just Sayin on January 04, 2020, 11:22:24 AMSmits having a good game thus far on Fox sports 1
Looked pretty good his first rotation in the first half with 6 points in 4 minutes, after that he started playing with a similar attitude to his Valpo days and Jordan obviously did not like what he saw. Barely played in the second half and ended with just those 6 points and 1 rebound.

Yeah, I watched the first part of the game but got busy with something else and missed the second half. He did look good though early on. Even a fancy out of bounds pass in for an assist.

zvillehaze

Quote from: FWalum on January 04, 2020, 01:24:46 PM
Quote from: Just Sayin on January 04, 2020, 11:22:24 AM

Derrik provided a big boost off the bench in the 1st half.  He didn't play much in the 2nd half because Butler played mostly with only one big to match up with Creighton's small lineup.  After returning from injury, Derrik is #3 in the rotation for bigs, so he didn't play much in the 2nd half.  Not sure why you think his "attitude" had anything to do with things.  Were you at the game?

I talked to both Coach Jordan and Derrik after the game.  Derrik seems very happy and excited to be able to contribute after missing extended time with injury.  They are all excited to be a top 5 to 10 team (pick your ranking) in the country at this point, but realize there is a lot of work to be done and a lot of room for improvement.  Butler was a very good team without Derrik.  Adding him gives them additional depth, but his playing time will be dependent upon matchups and foul trouble.

All in all, I'm thrilled to have Derrik on Butler's roster.  Most of you are thrilled to have him gone from Valpo.  I'll call this a win-win.

bbtds

I was at the game tonight and I just got back and I'm watching the replay. I only got one question. Who is Freeman-Williams and how good must he be?

Actually he did play for Portland State and the San Diego Clippers