• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

College of Business Dean, Jim Brodzinski leaving at the end of year

Started by NotBryceDrew, February 23, 2020, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotBryceDrew

An email went out earlier this month and Brodzinski the dean of the College of Business said he was leaving.

Since the President search is most pressing matter haven't heard any other information on this. Was wondering if anyone else knew more.

We all know that Kirk Farney is one of the candidates for president, however should he not be selected I think he would be an amazing step in the right direction for the CoB.

vu84v2

Quote from: NotBryceDrew on February 23, 2020, 04:14:15 PM
An email went out earlier this month and Brodzinski the dean of the College of Business said he was leaving.

Since the President search is most pressing matter haven't heard any other information on this. Was wondering if anyone else knew more.

We all know that Kirk Farney is one of the candidates for president, however should he not be selected I think he would be an amazing step in the right direction for the CoB.

The likelihood of any college selecting a Dean who does not have a PhD in one of its disciplines is extremely small. Yes, I know that he has an MBA - but that is not the same. You will see a few exceptions to this, but that is usually because the person brings substantial fame or prestige.

valpo95

Quote from: NotBryceDrew on February 23, 2020, 04:14:15 PM

Dean Brodzinski is 69 years old, so it wouldn't be all that unusual to retire.

crusader05

If I remember correctly, one of the reasons Heckler gave for making this year his last was that he knew that there were going to be retirements coming over the next few years and he felt the new president should be able to be a part of the process.

I wonder if they just hire and promote from within and interim Dean and do a full process next year.

vu72

Quote from: crusader05 on February 24, 2020, 08:28:16 AM
If I remember correctly, one of the reasons Heckler gave for making this year his last was that he knew that there were going to be retirements coming over the next few years and he felt the new president should be able to be a part of the process.

I wonder if they just hire and promote from within and interim Dean and do a full process next year.

Although also likely to retire soon, Tom Boyt, the former dean, is still on the faculty so would be a likely candidate for interim dean.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015