• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

VU Advertising... Something I haven't seen before

Started by FWalum, July 13, 2020, 10:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FWalum

First saw this a couple of months ago, but this was the first time we were able to snap a picture.

This is about 2 miles South of Angola, IN on I 69 and is mainly visible if you are traveling South toward Fort Wayne.  This is a rather large billboard and I don't recall ever seeing this type of advertising from VU in the past, or have I been blind and inattentive and just now paying attention because of all the stuff that is going on?
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpo64

Very good board!   I'm sure there are more up in their buy, perhaps state-wide, just Northern IN or wherever.

vu84v2

I love the message "Our Total Commitment"! That is what Valpo is all about.

M

No website, doesn't even say university on it anywhere. Terrible. There is another one on  eastbound 94 between the state line and portage (I can't remember exactly where I saw it yesterday).

bbtds

There are now 4 "poles" at Millennium Station at Randolph and Michigan in Chicago with the Valpo advertising on them. All four have the ad about "Total Committment." The last three "poles" you pass as you exit Millennium Station onto Randolph have the same Valpo advert.

valpo64

The professionals in the business know what to include in outdoor copy...short copy, to the point, and who...these boards do that.  One does not have to be a academic genius to figure out how to contact Valpo on the VU web site. Even I can figure that one out.

valpotx

I agree with Granbury.  Nice place to visit, and a beautiful lake scenery nearby.  A lot of folks from DFW utilize Granbury as their nearby quick getaway from hectic city life.
"Don't mess with Texas"