• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Purdue Fort Wayne goes virtual, NO season ticket sales

Started by FWalum, November 01, 2020, 09:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FWalum

I hope this trend doesn't catch on. What a crazy way to start your first season in the Horizon League. Would hate for the Missouri Valley to follow this example. PFW Virtual Ticket Sales
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpo64

PFW doesn't even know if they will have a conference season, do they?  With the Horizon League getting a new leader, now they could be more messed up than ever. 

vu84v2

Virtual season ticket sales is a really bad idea. If you ultimately can't have anyone in the stadium (or if demand clearly exceeds the number of people that you can allow in the stadium), provide free access to watch games and then try to get some advertising revenue.

bbtds

Quote from: vu84v2 on November 01, 2020, 09:27:20 PM
Virtual season ticket sales is a really bad idea. If you ultimately can't have anyone in the stadium (or if demand clearly exceeds the number of people that you can allow in the stadium), provide free access to watch games and then try to get some advertising revenue.

It's a bad idea to you and me. But somebody's got to pay for the games on the internet. It's interesting that this is coming from the same league that first put the games on the internet for FREE!! Purdue FW has got to learn to hook the fans first and then charge them for product. Much like a drug dealer.

FWalum

Quote from: vu84v2 on November 01, 2020, 09:27:20 PM

Couldn't agree more. They need to build their brand in the Fort Wayne market and IMO what would help would be to really play this up as a free product available for streaming so that people could actually see the quality of the teams and the basketball being played in their hometown. They can't really be making money with this virtual ticket package.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show