• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Alumni News & Notes

Started by valpotx, March 03, 2021, 01:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

I noticed in the most recent Alumni News & Notes email, that a former classmate/project partner was highlighted.  Since we have a section dedicated towards former athletics alumni and their professional careers, I thought that it would be neat to highlight folks outside of athletics. 

I will say that Tselmuun was a joy to work with on a few projects.  I believe that it was a Finance class that we took together.  I had always been aware of Mongolia's history tied to Genghis Khan, but learned so much more about the country through having met her.  Off the top of my head, I had classmates from Mongolia, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Syria, Latvia, Angola, Czech Republic, Finland, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Honduras, China, Taiwan, Poland, Ethiopia, Senegal, Mali, Japan, Vietnam, The Netherlands/Holland, and I am sure that I am missing some others.  This experience was invaluable to me, as I was able to learn about other cultures tied to my interest in learning about their history, which has paid dividends multiple times throughout my professional career, since I end up hiring a lot of tech employees originating from all over the world (I am in HR/Technical Recruiting).  I truly hope that our international pipeline remains strong into the future!

https://www.ibtimes.sg/tselmuun-nyamtaishirof-mongolyn-alt-mak-leads-national-charity-effort-55140
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Hate to break it to you but Valpo's international pipeline is almost completely shut off AT THIS TIME. I think you know already the two biggest reasons. It's up to the political environment of the future, meaning it hasn't been determined yet if that international pipeline gets reestablished if & when 80% of Americans get vaccinated.

valpotx

Right, which is why I mentioned 'into the future' :)
"Don't mess with Texas"