• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Bye week for the Beakers

Started by usc4valpo, October 16, 2021, 09:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usc4valpo

As they reflect, chill, and rebuild, where do they need to focus? Where do you see these guys finish by the end of the year?

Also, what changes need to be made regarding talent, coaching, etc. ?

valpofb16

Our schedule so far

@ Indiana Wesleyan (4-1, including beat down of NAIA powerhouse Marian 41-6)

@ North Dakota State (6-0, national title contender)

Dartmouth (5-0 Ivy League favorite)

@ Drake (2-4 down this year)

Marist (3-2, 3-0 in conference)

@ St. Thomas (4-2)

23-9 combined records. Should have won Marist. We hung with every team minus Weselyan (won second half) and NDSU

All that being said, Massey has us favored in 3 of the last 4. I think @ San Diego is a very tall task.

5 wins would be solid given our schedule. 3-4 would be what was expected. 1-2 and that is a failed season IMO.

I'd like to see some new playcalling on offense but that isn't in Budget. Improved QB and OL play would be positives to take into next season.

usc4valpo

If they let Washington run wild, I see a 4-8 record.

ProudCrusader

Rumor has it that Fox has made some major changes and is now very involved on the offensive side of the ball.  If this is true, I am hoping to see some major changes, especially to the play calling and blocking scheme.

valpofb16

Would be very interested to hear the changes.

Very interested to see why they went away from Nimz to start season after literally riding Duncan ship into ground.

Not sure what you can do. If Limbach is removed I'd really like to see Quinn Schafer ('12) get a shot at OC.

Teammates with Gladney, QB coach on great Uindy team.

ProudCrusader

James is the new QB Coach and Limbaugh moved to RB Coach.  Sounds like Fox and James are calling the plays now. 

ProudCrusader

I know this is the NFL, but our blocking seems to look like a high school JV scheme compared to this...I would love to see someone on the OL actually go get a backer...just doesn't happen.

https://twitter.com/packers_clips/status/1449800492587130888?s=20

valpofb16

That's a little more dysfunction than I envisioned

JD24

Limbach to RB coach may be a "what does he have to tell Washington?" situation.

Let's hope there's a bit more coherence on offense.

IndyValpo

Quote from: ProudCrusader on October 19, 2021, 12:24:38 PM
James is the new QB Coach and Limbaugh moved to RB Coach.  Sounds like Fox and James are calling the plays now. 
Here is where the change was mentioned

ValpoDr

Quote from: valpofb16 on October 17, 2021, 06:53:24 PMOur schedule so far @ Indiana Wesleyan (4-1, including beat down of NAIA powerhouse Marian 41-6) @ North Dakota State (6-0, national title contender) Dartmouth (5-0 Ivy League favorite) @ Drake (2-4 down this year) Marist (3-2, 3-0 in conference) @ St. Thomas (4-2) 23-9 combined records. Should have won Marist. We hung with every team minus Weselyan (won second half) and NDSU All that being said, Massey has us favored in 3 of the last 4. I think @ San Diego is a very tall task. 5 wins would be solid given our schedule. 3-4 would be what was expected. 1-2 and that is a failed season IMO. I'd like to see some new playcalling on offense but that isn't in Budget. Improved QB and OL play would be positives to take into next season.

Absolute joke.