• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Aaron Rodgers Sets Record Straight

Started by Just Sayin, November 05, 2021, 04:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Sayin

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2021/11/05/aaron-rodgers-covid-pat-mcafee-ivermectin-vaccine/6301377001/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_SBTribune

Quote"I realize I'm in the crosshairs of the woke mob right now," Rodgers said. "So before my final nail gets put in my cancel culture casket, I'd like to set the record straight on so many of the blatant lies out there right now."

'It wasn't some ruse or lie, it was the truth.'
Rodgers said that he "didn't lie" during his news conference when he said he was immunized. According to NFL.com, he received homeopathic treatment from his personal doctor to raise his antibody levels

"It wasn't some sort of ruse or lie, it was the truth," he said. "Had there been a follow-up to my statement, I would've said, 'Look, I'm not some sort of anti-vaxx flat-earther. I am someone who's a critical thinker. I believe strongly in bodily autonomy, and to not have to acquiesce to some woke culture. Health is not a one-size-fits all for everybody. For me, it involved a lot of study in the offseason. Much like the study I put into Jeopardy or the time I plan for games. I met with a lot of people in the medical field to get the most information about the vaccines before making a decision."

...Rodgers said he is allergic to an ingredient in mRNA vaccines, which he said ruled out getting the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines. However, he was leery of getting the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. When the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was paused in April due to reports of clotting, he said "the options became, 'What can I do to protect myself and my teammates if there's not one of the Big Three options for me and my body?'"

"My desire to immunize myself is what was best for my body," Rodgers said. "My medical team advised me that the danger of an adverse event was greater than the risk of getting COVID and recovering."

The CDC says: If you have had a severe allergic reaction or an immediate allergic reaction — even if it was not severe — to any ingredient in an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, you should not get either of the currently available mRNA COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna)."

Rodgers said that he approached the NFL about "an immunization protocol that I could go to to protect me and my teammates. It was a long-term protocol that involved multiple months and I'm very proud of the research that went into that. We felt like it was what was best for me."

He did not say which protocol he underwent.

However, the league said he would still be considered unvaccinated. The league denied Rodgers' appeal.