• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Loyola-Chicago @ DePaul Today

Started by Just Sayin, December 04, 2021, 02:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Sayin

DePaul undefeated with JFL. 3pm CST On FOX SPORTS 1, DISH channel 150

FWalum

Loyola frustrates JFL again. He had his worst game so far this season, fouled out with only 7 points. DePaul's style of play was just extremely frenetic, I can see how JFL could thrive in that environment.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

usc4valpo

DePaul will regain their status at Chicago's college basketball's finest next year. They are moving in the right direction after decades of inept leadership.

Just Sayin

Quote from: FWalum on December 04, 2021, 07:15:56 PM
Loyola frustrates JFL again. He had his worst game so far this season, fouled out with only 7 points. DePaul's style of play was just extremely frenetic, I can see how JFL could thrive in that environment.

JFL was really upset and in tears when he fouled out. I'm guessing he feels he let the team down and he really wanted the W. He's a senior but I'm wondering if he has one more year of eligibility and if so would he join valpo and Kobe next year. Can you only transfer once? He came to our game and was communicating with Matt according to some who were at the game. I'd love to see him return.

crusader05

I think if Javon would come back it would have happened last year before DePaul fired their coach. However, who knows. As of right now the move to DePaul has worked out for him on paper. He is getting eyes and time and he is clearly improving and becoming the star. That being said, who knows, maybe he doesn't like how he left Valpo, maybe he will feel he's got enough eyes on him that he doesn't' need to stay at DePaul, maybe Valpo ends this year in a position where he thinks our team gets him in tournaments or wins he can't get a DePaul. Maybe he just really likes Matt and they will stay close and we will consistently see him around the ARC.

valpotx

Was it just the first exhibition game that JFL showed up to Valpo?
"Don't mess with Texas"

wh

In answer to a question above, JFL is a senior. He has another year of eligibility after this season due to the COVID do-over year. He can opt to use it, or not. If he opts to play, he can stay at DePaul or transfer anywhere that he's wanted, assuming he is a graduate transfer.