• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Title IX

Started by valpopal, December 05, 2021, 10:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

Ironically, Title IX was established to protect and promote women in sports, but this admirable cause has now become a tool to damage the opportunities for women. By including "gender identity" as a protected status, Title IX has been expanded to the following, which can destroy the integrity of women's sports: "A recipient institution that receives Department funds must operate its education program or activity in a nondiscriminatory manner free of discrimination based on sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity" (U.S. Department of Education). Rather than supporting the women in their sports programs, the shameful silence by administrators in universities about the unfairness evident in this issue is detrimental to their female athletes. Universities should be advocating for their women athletes.

[tweet]1467517330716508160[/tweet]

valpotx

Agreed.  It will be interesting to see how this develops by the time my newborn/daughter gets into sports.  I get wanting to provide opportunities, but it is legitimately not fair to have transgender women competing against women assigned at birth.  The other way around, you are not going to see these disparities, if it was a transgender man competing against men against at birth.
"Don't mess with Texas"

FWalum

Quote from: valpotx on December 05, 2021, 01:58:55 PM
women assigned at birth. men assigned at birth.

I'm just curious as someone who works with birth statistics, why anyone would use the word "assigned" when talking about the birth of males and female children. Only a very small percentage of intersex people might be said to be assigned one gender or the other. Typically we would put TBD on a birth certificate for intersex births.

Assigned makes it sound like someone is making an arbitrary decision as to what sex characteristics the child has. That is not the case.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

Just Sayin

Because wokeism is a silent cancer and people don't even know they have it. 

valpotx

Quote from: FWalum on December 05, 2021, 03:21:01 PM
Quote from: valpotx on December 05, 2021, 01:58:55 PM
women assigned at birth. men assigned at birth.

I'm just curious as someone who works with birth statistics, why anyone would use the word "assigned" when talking about the birth of males and female children. Only a very small percentage of intersex people might be said to be assigned one gender or the other. Typically we would put TBD on a birth certificate for intersex births.

Assigned makes it sound like someone is making an arbitrary decision as to what sex characteristics the child has. That is not the case.

As I am in HR, and that is how companies identify it nowadays.
"Don't mess with Texas"