• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Creighton at DePaul Today

Started by Just Sayin, December 20, 2021, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Sayin

5:30pm CST FoxSports1

Pom Prediction:

47 Creighton over 86 DePaul

by 1 point, 51% probablity.

JFL is always fun to watch.

Just Sayin

usc4valpo

Too bad, this would have been a great game to get DePaul off the training wheels of ham and eager opponents and see what they really are.

vu84v2

The Big East has a rule that if a team needs to cancel due to COVID, it counts as a forfeit in the conference standings. Thus, DePaul forfeited to Creighton. These forfeits are not considered in overall standings.

Just Sayin

Quote from: vu84v2 on December 20, 2021, 04:36:02 PM
The Big East has a rule that if a team needs to cancel due to COVID, it counts as a forfeit in the conference standings. Thus, DePaul forfeited to Creighton. These forfeits are not considered in overall standings.

That's the most assinine policy I've ever heard. Get punished for not playing while the other team gets a win for not playing a game. STUPID
Too many woke folks making these decisions.

usc4valpo

So what does a forfeit mean? A loss?

vu84v2

Quote from: Just Sayin on December 20, 2021, 09:40:10 PM
Quote from: usc4valpo on December 20, 2021, 09:31:00 PM
So what does a forfeit mean? A loss?

Yes.

It is only a loss for DePaul (and a win for Creighton) in the conference standings, which means it only applies to the regular season conference title and seeding for the conference tournament. It has no effect for either team on the overall record and potential for the NCAA tournament. For those purposes, it is an abandoned game.

The same thing also happened for the St. John's versus Seton Hall game tonight (Seton Hall forfeited the conference game).

usc4valpo

I have a bad feeling things are getting worse.

Just Sayin

Fauciites running [ruining] the planet.

vu84v2

The Big East reversed its policy and no longer considers games forfeits. Play if possible. If not, reschedule if possible. If not possible to reschedule, the game is considered a "no contest". Seems that is what other conferences are doing as well.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32930221/sec-big-east-alter-college-basketball-policies-covid-cases-spike

Just Sayin

All conferences should follow suit with the Big East. It's just plain stupid to have to forfeit a game which becomes a loss and the other team gets a win without even playing a game. Rescheduling seems to be the prudent thing to do. AD's need to push for this in every conference, especially in the MVC. AD's are the ones who can change this.

usc4valpo

DePaul is better but perhaps not NCAA tournament better. They need more talent than JFL.

Just Sayin

Yep, they are too scattered, undisciplined, and inconsistent. Like I said before, if they ever become a cohesive unit, watch out. But this team is probably not an NCAA tournament team at this time. I don't think their coach is all that good either.

usc4valpo

Their coach has to be better than Last Place Leiteo