• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

"I believe that we will win" impressive cheer

Started by historyman, November 19, 2011, 08:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/39091/coolest-chant-in-the-country-began-at-navy

Check out this chant/cheer from the fans at a Utah State game. It started at Navy. I would like to see the Valpo faithful show this much confidence in their team. Imagine how pumped up this gets the players before a game.

Watch how the players react to the cheer. You could really tell that it pumped them up a lot for the game.

valpo04

Quote from: historyman on November 19, 2011, 08:01:16 AMIt started at Navy. I would like to see the Valpo faithful show this much confidence in their team. Imagine how pumped up this gets the players before a game.

LOVE that chant.  At Navy home games, they chant it at the end when the team is up and not much time is left.  It is fun to hear!

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valpo04 on November 19, 2011, 08:49:50 AM
Quote from: historyman on November 19, 2011, 08:01:16 AMIt started at Navy. I would like to see the Valpo faithful show this much confidence in their team. Imagine how pumped up this gets the players before a game.

LOVE that chant.  At Navy home games, they chant it at the end when the team is up and not much time is left.  It is fun to hear!

too bad it didn't stop them from getting a touchdown wiped off the board in overtime against air force for excessive celebration. go falcons! lol.

valpo04

Quote from: vuweathernerd on November 19, 2011, 09:32:14 AM

too bad it didn't stop them from getting a touchdown wiped off the board in overtime against air force for excessive celebration. go falcons! lol.

Touchdown wasn't wiped off the board, the extra point was moved back 15 yards then blocked...and it wasn't excessive celebration.  The refs decided that was the time to flag taunting when Navy's QB said something to an AF defender.

Oh and there were no such chants that day as AF was up by a ton and Navy came all the way back, only to lose on that play. 

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valpo04 on November 19, 2011, 09:42:44 AM

Touchdown wasn't wiped off the board, the extra point was moved back 15 yards then blocked...and it wasn't excessive celebration.  The refs decided that was the time to flag taunting when Navy's QB said something to an AF defender.

Oh and there were no such chants that day as AF was up by a ton and Navy came all the way back, only to lose on that play. 

wow. memory fail.  :-[

valpo04

Quote from: vuweathernerd on November 19, 2011, 10:41:45 AM
Quote from: valpo04 on November 19, 2011, 09:42:44 AM

wow. memory fail.  :-[

...and seared into mine!  I actually called it.  I said to my brother "watch, they will move the extra point back, Navy will miss it and then AF will score and win."

>:( :banghead: :rant: