• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2022-2023 Schedule

Started by VALPO LI, May 15, 2022, 08:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUGrad1314

Well it's a D1 school from a good conference and a solid measuring stick game for where we are right now as a program. It doesn't wow me but I'm more than okay with this especially considering the alternative was a non D1. The MVC's only one non D1 allowed mandate may have saved us here as I don't think the Sun Belt (which doesn't emphasize hoops to the degree that the MVC does) has such a mandate.

justducky

With crowds down and travel expenses up about the only way you can justify a Samford home and home is by this type of multi-game scheduling. Sounds like solid games Wed, Friday, and Saturday sandwiching restaurant turkeys and pumpkin pies on Thursday.  :'( 

vu84v2

Samford is a good get....22-11 last year and won two games on the road against Power 6 opponents. Even better to get a home and home.

EddieCabot

Apologies if I missed it, but I assume Valpo will have a "secret scrimmage" in addition to their one exhibition game?  Any information on who the opponent might be?

RiderJake

Quote from: vu84v2 on October 05, 2022, 09:00:42 AMSamford is a good get....22-11 last year and won two games on the road against Power 6 opponents. Even better to get a home and home.

Samford looks good, but they could try harder.