• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

3 game road trip

Started by truth219, November 21, 2022, 06:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truth219

How do you think we fair this week on the road?

I think anything over 1-2 is awesome

Wednesday is our best bet to win

covufan

Quote from: truth219 on November 21, 2022, 06:18:30 PM
How do you think we fair this week on the road?

I think anything over 1-2 is awesome

Wednesday is our best bet to win
If we play like the last two games, we'll be lucky to win one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VALPO LI

I read a good line today on a different thread.
"Good thing about bball season is you only have to wait a few days until the next game and find something new to discuss" -elephtheria47
That being said I will make a bullish prediction and say that Valpo wins more than 1 game.

Samford has a 5-0 record against 3 non D-1 schools and 2 bottom SWAC teams that combined have a 1-10 record.  Yes Texas Southern beat Arizona State at Home in OT, I heard. They do play a tough non con schedule.  Back to Samford their wins so far do not move the needle much.

James Madison is 4-1 with wins over UVF (non d1), Hampton(1-2), Buffalo (2-4) and Howard (3-5).  #1 UNC took care of business with a 16 point victory over JMU.

South Dakota State (2-3) is good with wins over St. Bonaventure and Boise St. and losses to Akron by 1, #9 Arkansas and SF Austin.

I may be standing alone on this one but I will go out on a limb and say Valpo surprises this board and wins more than 1 on this 3 game road trip. :thumbsup:
Shine on Vu

valpotx

Unfortunately, I see us going 1-2, if we are lucky.  Only win against JMU.
"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

Weakest non conference schedule ever.

tjjvalpo

KenProm rankings

Samford 149
James Madison 80
South Dakota St 127

Valpo 254

Unfortunately, we likely lose all three!

Valpo89

Quote from: tjjvalpo on November 22, 2022, 09:29:03 AM
KenProm rankings

Samford 149
James Madison 80
South Dakota St 127

Valpo 254

Unfortunately, we likely lose all three!
I'm afraid you're correct, considering the Beacons struggled with two teams ranked No. 360 at game time.

AlaskaCrusader19

KenPom gives Valpo the following chances to win:
19% vs. Samford
24% vs. South Dakota State
14% vs. James Madison

crusadermoe

I think you have to go with KemPom........reluctantly.  The ranks are pretty clear.

mj

Final KenPom rankings by season

2015- 64
2016- 42
2017- 104
2018- 150
2019- 220
2020- 146
2021- 193
2022- 202
2023- TBD

Guys, I think the ship is sinking.
I believe that we will win.

chgovalpofan

I am predicting we go 0-3.  I would like to hope that we will at least be competitive.  But I'm not so sure. We need something or someone to turn this around! Maybe the better talent will help our play.  We have some really good pieces in place.

talksalot

Should I mention that it's a 4-game road trip?  The team is not returning to campus until after the 12/1 game in Nashville against Belmont.

VUSWIM08-12

4 game road trip , 4 loses IMO. Nothing so far that would make think otherwise ...pessimism at its finest lol.  Could we beat Samford tomorrow? Yes. Will I watch no matter what ? Yes. Massey has us losing by 3. Interested to see what the line will be...

EddieCabot

Quote from: VUSWIM08-12 on November 22, 2022, 05:08:48 PM
4 game road trip , 4 loses IMO. Nothing so far that would make think otherwise ...pessimism at its finest lol.  Could we beat Samford tomorrow? Yes. Will I watch no matter what ? Yes. Massey has us losing by 3. Interested to see what the line will be...

I'm seeing Samford by 9 to 10 on the early lines.  Kenpom has it 80-70.

talksalot

Upcoming opponent records and NET

Samford  5-0    176  (wins:  Anderson Univ of South Carolina 109-65; Spring Hill College of Alabama 80-61, Belhaven University of Mississippi 90-38, Alabama A&M 84-64, Texas Southern 78-63)

South Dakota State 2-3   67   (Wins @ Boise State 68-66, St Bonaventure 66-62; Losses:  Akron 81-80-OT, Arkansas 71-56, Stephen F Austin 93-82)

James Madison  4-1  211    (wins:  Valley Forge 123-38, Hampton 106-58, Buffalo 97-62, Howard 95-69; loss at North Carolina 80-64)

Belmont 3-3   79  (wins:  Ohio 70-69, George Mason 66-62, Howard 96-73; Losses Furman 89-74, Lipscomb 77-75, Tarleton State 89-81

JD24

tjjvalpo

BTW, Valpo Net Ranking is 207

truth219

Sad thing is, outside of Toledo, we haven't played anyone even close to being tough. Even Toledo would have to win their conference championship to make the tournament. Wtf is going on

elephtheria47

We're told to hold on tight, season is still young and the team is still learning how to play with each other. Wait to see how good we are by the end of the season!

Anyhow, there's more to life than basketball. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hope you spend the day how you want and with those that bring you joy.

truth219

Happy thanksgiving to everybody. I will say if that's what your hearing that's disenchanting

David81

What screams out from the NDSU game are 50 points and zero free throws for VU. One senses that the situation is deteriorating. If Valpo was looking at a mediocre season, then perhaps trucking on to the end with the current head coach would be okay. But this is starting to look like the bottom is falling out.

From all accounts, Coach Lottich is a good man of integrity. For the sake of signaling needed change for the program, as well as for preserving options for a decent guy who can revive his coaching career, a resignation including a fair buyout before the heart of the MVC schedule would be appropriate.