• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 12: @ New Mexico State

Started by valpofb16, November 26, 2022, 06:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUSWIM08-12

1st down on a nice throw from Appel to Vickers...

soapyjeans

Well, sadly this is predictable.  NM is keyed on Dawson and he's not going anywhere.  1st qtr and already down by 3 TD's...  Running game isn't gonna work against NM.  Not sure who frustrates me more, Apple for not passing to his players who've been wide open or are the coaches telling him to just hand off to dawson???   Valpo can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.  Thats the definition of insanity people!  Ok, Im done venting, back to the game.   :twocents:

valpofb16

This is like the NDSU game, can't take stock in what does or does not happen.

This is for the money. Just need everyone to leave healthy.

valpofb16

Hats off to the guys that played , New Mexico State throwing for a touchdown up 55 is bush league.

usc4valpo

16 - disagree. The second and third strings want to play and not just the ball. At the end, and let's face it - it's all about the Benjamin's.

valpotx

I don't fault them for running up the score, at all.  They paid us a hefty sum to come play, we knew that we would get brutalized, and their 2nd/3rd string rarely get to play.  This is an FBS team that is going to a bowl game.  What else did we expect?  Them just keeping it to 65 and not throwing more bombs to their much faster WRs with their starting QB, was already trying to slowdown their pace of scoring.  It's the same rules for my 9U son's Soccer team.  If you get up by 7, you don't have to stop scoring, but you need to do at least 3-4 passes, before you shoot.  I think that NMSU was very respectful in taking out their much more athletic folks, and letting their backups get a lot of playing time.  Those guys are not just going to take a knee with several minutes left.

As an aside, if the statistics individual is on this forum, the below sequence makes no sense, and added around 70 yards to the rushing stats for the NMSU player.  You can't have a punt blocked on your own 29, and then NMSU somehow has the ball on their own 0, for a 77 yard rush to Valpo's 23.  This was likely an 11 yard gain from Valpo's 34 to their 23.

VALPARAISO AT 06:39   VALPO   AGGIES
1st and 10 at VALPO25   APPEL LE pass incomplete to BINGHAM.      
2nd and 10 at VALPO25   LABUS rush up middle for 4 yards to the VALPO29 (McLean,Malachi).      
3rd and 6 at VALPO29   APPEL RE pass incomplete to MANN.      
4th and 6 at VALPO29   TEAM punt BLOCKED, recovered by AGGIES 34 at AGGIES0 (blocked by Seldon,Andre), out-of-bounds.      
Drive Summary: 3 Plays, 4 Yards, 1:02 Elapsed   3   49

NEW MEXICO ST. AT 05:37   VALPO   AGGIES
1st and 10 at AGGIES00   Jones,Jamoni rush up middle for 77 yards to the VALPO23, 1ST DOWN AGGIES (GRAVES;SHERMAN).      
1st and 10 at VALPO23   Frakes,Gavin rush up middle for loss of 2 yards to the VALPO25 (HINES;HAFNER).      
2nd and 12 at VALPO25   Jones,Jamoni rush over left end for no gain to the VALPO25 (BIRMINGHAM;FRANCO).      
3rd and 12 at VALPO25   Albertson,Ethan field goal attempt from 42 GOOD, clock 05:03.      
Drive Summary: 4 Plays, 75 Yards, 0:34 Elapsed   3   52

Albertson,Ethan kickoff 65 yards to the VALPO0, VERCHER return 16 yards to the VALPO16 (Arinze,Noah;Guyton,Xzavier).
"Don't mess with Texas"

Brandon

Quote from: valpotx on December 04, 2022, 03:27:36 PMAs an aside, if the statistics individual is on this forum, the below sequence makes no sense, and added around 70 yards to the rushing stats for the NMSU player.  You can't have a punt blocked on your own 29, and then NMSU somehow has the ball on their own 0, for a 77 yard rush to Valpo's 23.  This was likely an 11 yard gain from Valpo's 34 to their 23.

Thanks for pointing that out -- the home team does the stats... I keep an eye on them and try to correct any errors, but didn't catch this. I'll work on getting it fixed.

talksalot

Well... it worked for NMSU to schedule that game... the waiver made them Bowl Eligible... AND they got a bid...

Monday December 26... in Detroit at the "Quick Lane Bowl" 1:30pm... NMSU will be playing Bowling Green...  It might be fun to watch... it is the ONLY bowl game that day...

so, what's the bowl get them?

Quick Lane Bowl   12/26/2022   $2,000,000   The Detroit Lions, who host the Quick Lane Bowl, is the only professional team to own and operate a bowl game.

IndyValpo

Quote from: talksalot on December 05, 2022, 05:29:42 AM
Well... it worked for NMSU to schedule that game... the waiver made them Bowl Eligible... AND they got a bid...

Monday December 26... in Detroit at the "Quick Lane Bowl" 1:30pm... NMSU will be playing Bowling Green...  It might be fun to watch... it is the ONLY bowl game that day...

so, what's the bowl get them?

Quick Lane Bowl   12/26/2022   $2,000,000   The Detroit Lions, who host the Quick Lane Bowl, is the only professional team to own and operate a bowl game.

They had a waiver to go prior to the game based on a 5-6 record with a cancelled game. Our game did not count towards going to a bowl.

soapyjeans

I thought NM running up the score was overkill.  I also wished 2nd and 3rd strings would have got a chance to play, after all it was a opportunity to get experience for them.  Just wondering why Valpo stuck to a run game when it wasn't working.  Solomon Davis (WR) only got 4 pass receptions.  Apple doesn't seem to perform under pressure well, and thats a concern.  I was glad when Jackson finally came in, even though late in game.  Thinking Kaplans aggressive style would of worked better (sorry he's leaving).

JD24

Quote from: valpotx on December 04, 2022, 03:27:36 PMI don't fault them for running up the score, at all.  They paid us a hefty sum to come play, we knew that we would get brutalized, and their 2nd/3rd string rarely get to play.  This is an FBS team that is going to a bowl game.  What else did we expect?  Them just keeping it to 65 and not throwing more bombs to their much faster WRs with their starting QB, was already trying to slowdown their pace of scoring.  It's the same rules for my 9U son's Soccer team.  If you get up by 7, you don't have to stop scoring, but you need to do at least 3-4 passes, before you shoot.  I think that NMSU was very respectful in taking out their much more athletic folks, and letting their backups get a lot of playing time.  Those guys are not just going to take a knee with several minutes left. As an aside, if the statistics individual is on this forum, the below sequence makes no sense, and added around 70 yards to the rushing stats for the NMSU player.  You can't have a punt blocked on your own 29, and then NMSU somehow has the ball on their own 0, for a 77 yard rush to Valpo's 23.  This was likely an 11 yard gain from Valpo's 34 to their 23. VALPARAISO AT 06:39   VALPO   AGGIES 1st and 10 at VALPO25   APPEL LE pass incomplete to BINGHAM. 2nd and 10 at VALPO25   LABUS rush up middle for 4 yards to the VALPO29 (McLean,Malachi). 3rd and 6 at VALPO29   APPEL RE pass incomplete to MANN. 4th and 6 at VALPO29   TEAM punt BLOCKED, recovered by AGGIES 34 at AGGIES0 (blocked by Seldon,Andre), out-of-bounds. Drive Summary: 3 Plays, 4 Yards, 1:02 Elapsed   3   49 NEW MEXICO ST. AT 05:37   VALPO   AGGIES 1st and 10 at AGGIES00   Jones,Jamoni rush up middle for 77 yards to the VALPO23, 1ST DOWN AGGIES (GRAVES;SHERMAN). 1st and 10 at VALPO23   Frakes,Gavin rush up middle for loss of 2 yards to the VALPO25 (HINES;HAFNER). 2nd and 12 at VALPO25   Jones,Jamoni rush over left end for no gain to the VALPO25 (BIRMINGHAM;FRANCO). 3rd and 12 at VALPO25   Albertson,Ethan field goal attempt from 42 GOOD, clock 05:03. Drive Summary: 4 Plays, 75 Yards, 0:34 Elapsed   3   52 Albertson,Ethan kickoff 65 yards to the VALPO0, VERCHER return 16 yards to the VALPO16 (Arinze,Noah;Guyton,Xzavier).
This type of p-b-p description usually gets corrected at some point but sometimes following play by play online leads to this type of gibberish. I assume the technology used is not set up for a full description or the operator of the technology is lacking in how to enter certain events within a game into the system.

JD24

Quote from: soapyjeans on December 05, 2022, 08:59:56 AMI thought NM running up the score was overkill.  I also wished 2nd and 3rd strings would have got a chance to play, after all it was a opportunity to get experience for them.  Just wondering why Valpo stuck to a run game when it wasn't working.
They wanted Appel around for next year.

VULB#62

NMSU just beat Auburn.  Nice to know we contributed to building their improved 2023 season.   ;D

historyman

Quote from: VULB#62 on November 18, 2023, 09:25:38 PM
NMSU just beat Auburn.  Nice to know we contributed to building their improved 2023 season.   ;D

Must have been Valpo's punting that challenged NMSU.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

VUGrad1314

I think having a conference home really helped them. 10 wins this year is amazing for where they've been historically. That victory over Auburn was also their first victory over an SEC team in program history.

covufan

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on December 21, 2023, 02:50:32 PM
I think having a conference home really helped them. 10 wins this year is amazing for where they've been historically. That victory over Auburn was also their first victory over an SEC team in program history.
Jerry's Killing it the last two years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk