• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo MBB at UIC Credit Union One Arena 2/19/23 Sunday 2:00 pm

Started by historyman, February 18, 2023, 03:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

Starting a day early. Is that a record for this season? Since I will be in Chicago Sunday morning I will be attending with a chance to win a conference game, a rare occurrence these days.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

tiny707

vu84v2

The university has an alumni event that includes this game. I would be very interested to know how many alumni attend.

justducky

I just tried to log in to ESPN+ and was surprised to be told the game was not yet underway! DUH! The game is tomorrow at 2 not today.That means we can survive Saturday without a loss and maybe Sunday too!

historyman

Quote from: tiny707 on February 18, 2023, 09:48:00 AM
I really don't expect a road win tomorrow.

Quote from: vu84v2 on February 18, 2023, 10:05:07 AM
Tthe university has an alumni event that includes this game. I would be very interested to know how many alumni attend.

Because of my previous commitment in Chicago I will not be joining the other fan.

But I know of at least 3 other "Valpo people" who will be planning to attend. Whether they actually "cheer" for Valpo will be totally up to them individually.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

historyman

Quote from: justducky on February 18, 2023, 02:23:51 PM
I just tried to log in to ESPN+ and was surprised to be told the game was not yet underway! DUH! The game is tomorrow at 2 not today.That means we can survive Saturday without a loss and maybe Sunday too!

Like a boy scout, always prepared, for what I'm not always sure but sorry for the fake out.

tiny707

I put the over under at 4 for Alumni attending the alumni event.

Dr. T

I don't know - the weather is supposed to be excellent (for Chicago in February). Perhaps a decent amount of alumni gather ... if, for no other reason, than to vent and reminisce about the good ol' Drew days. Speaking of which, I am reminded of the recent picture Dr. Small posted with the last winning basketball Valpo coaches ...

VU2014

This a game where a W is achievable. Let's get it done. UIC isn't having a great season. Let's not let the opportunity slip through our fingers.

historyman

Reports are there were at least 24+ at the alumni event at Giordano's.

historyman

Quote from: VU2014 on February 19, 2023, 11:25:39 AM
This a game where a W is achievable. Let's get it done. UIC isn't having a great season. Let's not let the opportunity slip through our fingers.

So my mind wanders to the question "How will we find a way to lose?"

VUSWIM08-12

Jeez this background previous call from last yr or something is really annoying...

VALPO LI

Audio seems off on this game.  Anybody else hearing double on the espn+ stream?
Shine on Vu

VU2014

Just thinking out loud. How bad will Valpo be next season when Kobe and Krikke graduate...?

I think Krikke has one more season of eligibility left if he wants it,  but if he does stay in college, the chances he returns Valpo next season, seems very slim...

Pgmado

I stopped by Giordano's. There were about 40 people in attendance. Seems like a good group for a Sunday morning for a Lutheran University.

VU2014

Quote from: Pgmado on February 19, 2023, 02:31:25 PM
I stopped by Giordano's. There were about 40 people in attendance. Seems like a good group for a Sunday morning for a Lutheran University.

Wondering what the attendance would be like next season if we made a coaching change... one can hope.

Also, Lou Malnati's > Gino's East > Giordano's

AB

Rec League game at the YMCA. Neither team interested in playing defense

AB

That pretty much sums up the season for the Brown and Gold. No stops, can't execute in the crunch time. Wasted performance from Krikke. They will loose the next three games. Who's our first preseason opponent in October?

justducky

Our poor first half defensive rotation looks to have made the difference. Our second half play wasn't bad but this is still a loss that maybe shouldn't have happened.

mj

I wish I could say that I'm angry at this loss. Instead, I just shake my head.

From a talent perspective, this team should be better than 5-13.

But here we are.
I believe that we will win.

valpopal

Quote from: historyman on February 19, 2023, 01:53:55 PM
Answer: In the closing plays of the game and down by only one point, let's keep the ball away from the guy who is having a career game with 34 points and ask someone else to hoist a three-point attempt.

historyman

Quote from: mj on February 19, 2023, 03:57:27 PM
I wish I could say that I'm angry at this loss. Instead, I just shake my head.

From a talent perspective, this team should be better than 5-13.

But here we are.

historyman

Quote from: valpopal on February 19, 2023, 04:17:16 PM
Quote from: historyman on February 19, 2023, 01:53:55 PM
Answer: In the closing plays of the game and down by only one point, let's keep the ball away from the guy who is having a career game with 34 points and ask someone else to hoist a three-point attempt.

Better than Edwards throwing up a prayer or dribbling the ball off his leg. :-)

historyman

I'd start the next game thread now but it wouldn't help and someone might tune in to ESPN+ a little too early. :-)