• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

FB has its own full Sub Board!

Started by VULB#62, April 20, 2023, 11:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

Yay!  Valpo04 did it. He's created a separate string for FB. Glad he could get it done. With annual player rosters of 100+, FB has the largest alum group among all Valpo sports. It has always been number 2 in attendance per game (actually, last year #1) and consistently since Cecchini (and especially now with Fox) gaining increased relevance.  This was well deserved. Thanks 04  :thumbsup:

valpofb16

Dale Carlson era posters walked so we could run

VULB#62

Valpo04 is still working on getting every string onto this new thread. He told me it would take some effort. The guy's been great.

VULB#62

Ya gotta chuckle at this.

Lurkingdog, the PFL Board admin, monitors all PFL team boards. He noticed that this new separate thread emerged today. His quote was something to the effect of.... No longer will Valpo FB be subject to the humiliation of being lumped in with "other" sports. :rotfl:.  Love it.

valpo04

Just completed moving all the football related threads into this new board, so everything is all set.

I found this amusing...

There are exactly the same number of football topics as Other Sports combined!

vu84v2

valpo04 - Great job and thank you very much for the continued time and effort spend managing this board.

NotBryceDrew

valpofb16

Said it before and I'll say it again. Football is a massive sleeping giant for the University.

Northwest Indiana loves its football. It's the only show in town. And If you look down street at Wabash, A LOT of money comes with a successful football program.

historyman

Quote from: valpofb16 on April 21, 2023, 09:48:22 AM
Said it before and I'll say it again. Football is a massive sleeping giant for the University.

Northwest Indiana loves its football. It's the only show in town. And If you look down street at Wabash, A LOT of money comes with a successful football program.

And DePauw, (Brad Stevens texted me to say that) The rivalry between Wabash and DePauw is a really huge, huge deal for the state of Indiana.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

soapyjeans

;) Soooo happy Valpo Football has its own full string!!!   

JD24

This has had me mildly enraged since it was first posted but isn't the correct term "sub-forum" rather than "string"?

VULB#62

If you look immediately under the first listing called "Forum Information," you can see the term "Sub Board," so that must be the official term for specifically identified, permanent categories of discussion. But a rose by any other name smells as sweet, and I am just glad that after many years, Football got its own whatever. 😉

soapyjeans

I'm just happy Valpo football is no longer under "other"! ;D  woot woot woot