• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

An idea from Butler board on how to view games on the TV

Started by historyman, November 22, 2011, 06:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

http://buhoops.yuku.com/topic/8033/Those-with-an-Apple-Tv

I have no idea how it works but if this helps some of you tech savvy posters with watching the Valpo and Horizon League games on your TV then I figured it was worth posting this.

valpotx

Or....you can just pull up an Internet browser on your TV if you have a PS3/Xbox360/some other Internet capable device.  That is what I have been doing the last few years to watch on the big screen :-).
"Don't mess with Texas"

blackpantheruwm

valpotx

I believe you need to have Xbox Live to have Internet capabilities?  I use my PS3 to do this, so I am not sure of the exact steps on 360.
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

Quote from: valpotx on November 22, 2011, 11:06:10 AM
Or....you can just pull up an Internet browser on your TV if you have a PS3/Xbox360/some other Internet capable device.  That is what I have been doing the last few years to watch on the big screen :-).

How's the quality?  On a computer, the video quality looks great in a small window, and is sort of so-so full screen.  I'd think blowing it up to a big TV size might reveal some serious flaws.  But, I guess, you'd at least get to sit in a comfortable chair, etc.

valpotx

The quality is not too bad depending on your TV.  Like on a computer, the smaller window definitely looks better, but I don't have any issues when it is blown up.  The comfortable chair and sound system part really sell it :-)
"Don't mess with Texas"

FWalum

The resolution is what it is, not the greatest but I can sit on the couch and or maybe do some other work with out having to be stuck in front of the 15" laptop screen.  That makes it all worth while.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show