• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Shane Lechler kicks an 80 yard punt!

Started by valpo04, November 28, 2011, 11:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo04

QuoteOakland Raiders punter Shane Lechler set a new franchise record with an 80-yard punt today. Lechler's punt came in the second quarter after the Raiders offense produced another three-and-out against the Chicago Bears. Lechler broke the franchise's previous record of 77 yards held by Wayne Crow, who set it in 1961.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/11/27/2590710/video-shane-lechler-80-yard-punt-oakland-raiders

vuweathernerd

i watched that play yesterday on nfl redzone, and it really was quite a kick. the raiders have to have one of, if not the best punter/kicker combo in the nfl. janikowski sure ain't no slouch either. one of the best place kickers in the league. and he has more experience than some youngins have even been alive.

valporun

You have to keep the Raiders offense on their side of the 45-yard line to keep Janikowski from doing anything. I mean the Raiders could be on their own 48-yard line, and Janikowski could still put the ball accurately thru the uprights.

StlVUFan

Quote from: valporun on November 28, 2011, 02:13:53 PM
You have to keep the Raiders offense on their side of the 45-yard line to keep Janikowski from doing anything. I mean the Raiders could be on their own 48-yard line, and Janikowski could still put the ball accurately thru the uprights.

Tell me about it :P

How do I get the smiley menu in this Quick Reply thingie?  Not happy camper right now ;)

vuweathernerd

Quote from: StlVUFan on November 28, 2011, 08:37:30 PM
Quote from: valporun on November 28, 2011, 02:13:53 PMYou have to keep the Raiders offense on their side of the 45-yard line to keep Janikowski from doing anything. I mean the Raiders could be on their own 48-yard line, and Janikowski could still put the ball accurately thru the uprights.
Tell me about it :P How do I get the smiley menu in this Quick Reply thingie?  Not happy camper right now ;)

in mine, it's showing up right about the quick reply box.

valpo04

How do I get the smiley menu in this Quick Reply thingie?  Not happy camper right now ;)

Go to your Profile, Modify Profile, Look and Layout.  Scroll down to "Choose Quick Reply Type:" and choose any option but the first one (seems to be broken right now.)

StlVUFan

Quote from: valpo04 on November 28, 2011, 09:06:34 PM

Go to your Profile, Modify Profile, Look and Layout.  Scroll down to "Choose Quick Reply Type:" and choose any option but the first one (seems to be broken right now.)

Apparently something changed, because I did nothing and now I see them.  Then again, it's entirely possible it was there earlier and I just didn't see it.  Or it could be because at work I use and older version of Firefox.  Plus being behind a firewall does strange things to websites I can otherwise visit sometimes.

Here is the smiley I was looking for: well, I can't decide between  >:( and  :'( .  Wait, maybe this one captures it:  :rant: