• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Someone else is not a fan of Brian Wardle

Started by historyman, February 02, 2024, 03:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

https://www.pjstar.com/story/sports/college/basketball/bradley-hoops/2024/02/01/indianan-columnist-characterizes-bradley-basketball-coach-as-a-bully/72408627007/

Gregg Doyel      an award-winning writer for the Indianapolis Star, attended the Indiana State vs. Bradley men's basketball game Saturday at Hulman Center in Terre Haute, Indiana.He wrote a column about the Sycamores' ascendance to the top of the Missouri Valley Conference.

While there, Doyel observed what he characterized as Wardle's "histrionics" in dealing with Braves players during the game.

"I'm sitting next to the Bradley bench and dislike its coach on sight," Doyel wlrote on X.com. "The way he talks to his players, his bench, his histrionics ... you can HAVE him. And then I realize it's Brian Wardle, and it all adds up.

"Again: You can HAVE this guy."

The original post by Doyel had 58,000 views on X.com, the site formerly known as Twitter. Many of the reposts included criticism of Doyel or support for Wardle, who has been Bradley's head coach since 2015 and received a
contract extension last summer.

One X.com user asked Doyel for clarification."Who can have him?" @TedConnellyIV asked. "You realized it's Wardle? Did you think Jim (Molinari) was still there? What's your history with him? Please expound. Criticism is the worst when it is cryptic."

Replied Doyel: "Zero history. Just what I saw last night. There doesn't have to be a conspiracy. Sometimes things are exactly what they seem. ... Nothing cryptic about my criticism. I hate bullies. He's a bully. There's a difference between hard coaching and humiliation. He goes for the latter. Hell with him."

Wardle declined to comment on the criticism when contacted about comments by Doyel, whose newspaper is part of Gannett and the USA TODAY Network, along with the Journal Star.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann