• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo,Gettysburg and Ron Paul

Started by setshot, January 14, 2012, 01:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

setshot

Met Ron Paul at a "Meet the Candidates" event here in the Lowcountry. Although I'm not a supporter of his,we did talk about his under graduate days at Gettysburg College and my undergraduate days at Valpo. He knew our school,but was particularly interested in the athletic successes at Baylor U.including Football, women's basketball (#1),and Scott Drew and men's basketball (#4). Small world.

vu72

Pray tell, what were you doing at a republican event?  ???  Changing your tune after the last 3 years?   :o  Tell us, inquiring minds want to know!   :crazy:
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

vuweathernerd

Quote from: vu72 on January 14, 2012, 09:33:30 PM
Pray tell, what were you doing at a republican event?  ???  Changing your tune after the last 3 years?   :o  Tell us, inquiring minds want to know!   :crazy:

probably trying to tell them to drop to d3

valporun

Quote from: vuweathernerd on January 14, 2012, 09:39:08 PM
Quote from: vu72 on January 14, 2012, 09:33:30 PM

probably trying to tell them to drop to d3

nerd, that was a good one, I have to admit. 72, oh would Rick might have said about this political talk, if he was still around these parts?

Marion

Al Troast gave me my deep seated respect for Dan Quale.  Dan was one of the first to feel the ire of the liberal elite media.  He helped make politics more accessible to the Joe Sixpacks.  I guess I can say that VU prepared me to see the importance of the Tea Party and radically changed my personal outlook.  THANK YOU VU!

Ralph

Quote from: Marion on March 03, 2012, 07:59:54 PMAl Trost gave me my deep seated respect for Dan Quayle.  Dan was one of the first to feel the ire of the liberal elite media.  He helped make politics more accessible to the Joe Sixpacks.  I guess I can say that VU prepared me to see the importance of the Tea Party and radically changed my personal outlook.  THANK YOU VU!

I remember when Erik predicted Quayle would win the 1996 GOP nomination for President. :o

I was so much older then.  I'm younger than that now.

johnny_fetla

The conservative values VU presented to me was a stark and often harsh change from the liberal ideology that my father a union boss with the AFL CIO brainwashed us with.
I can't recall but perhaps it started with Professor Shaw; the yearning for the truth in our overly liberal based society.  It ended with joining Sig Taus, a secret society of well to do hard line conservatives whose inner circle cleared the path to pure capitalism.