• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Where in the world is/was

Started by IndyValpo, February 03, 2012, 02:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

Quote from: valpopal on December 01, 2017, 10:39:05 PM
Boise State wins 73-70 and breaks Oregon's 46-game home win streak with a wild half-court heave at the buzzer by Lexus Williams!

[tweet]936816128487186434[/tweet]

Yay, Lexus!

ValpoDad89

What an awesome shot by an awesome kid. Great for Lexus and Boise State.

valpotx

Good for him.  A small measure of revenge from a few years ago, when we could have beaten them :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

talksalot

I couldn't play that embedded video... here's a 2-minute recap video of the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLZN1jyodas

Jay's twitter post was very close to the way I would have done it in the ARC...

"Jay's tweet"
LEXUS WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My way...
LEXUS WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

valpotx

You know that the NBA scouts know of him, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten that Summer League time a few years back.  If he keeps this up for the entire season, he will gets looks for the next NBA season.
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

VULB#62

Great kid.  Looks like a really good fit for him.

VU2014

Lexus does it again. He sends Boise State to the OT. He's having a massive impact for Boise State this season.
https://twitter.com/ChadLarsen/status/941156215232503808
https://twitter.com/mid_madness/status/941155866258132994

VULB#62

valpotx

He's going to be a cult hero at Boise State in just 1 season of play.
"Don't mess with Texas"

EddieCabot

Happy for Lexus.  He wasn't going to get PT at Valpo since they added better players, so he made a great decision to transfer to a lesser program where he could see some court time.

wh

Quote from: EddieCabot on December 14, 2017, 09:43:36 PM

Happy for Lexus.  He wasn't going to get PT at Valpo since they added better players, so he made a great decision to transfer to a lesser program where he could see some court time.

Very good!  :thumbsup:

VUBBFan

Quote from: wh on December 15, 2017, 01:33:19 PM
Quote from: EddieCabot on December 14, 2017, 09:43:36 PMHappy for Lexus.  He wasn't going to get PT at Valpo since they added better players, so he made a great decision to transfer to a lesser program where he could see some court time.

I would not say Boise State is a lesser program and I miss him. However, I'm happy for how things are going for him. He is a great player and great person.

wh

Quote from: VUBBFan on December 15, 2017, 02:24:03 PM

Quote from: EddieCabot on December 14, 2017, 09:43:36 PMHappy for Lexus.  He wasn't going to get PT at Valpo since they added better players, so he made a great decision to transfer to a lesser program where he could see some court time.

I would not say Boise State is a lesser program and I miss him. However, I'm happy for how things are going for him. He is a great player and great person.

Fan - You may want to check the batteries on your sarcasm detector.  ;)

valpospartan

Quote from: VU2014 on December 15, 2017, 12:05:31 PM
Ryan is doing great things with the community.
https://twitter.com/lokobasket/status/941678562582695936
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=mg3f-Vgk3gw
I saw this on FB.  When I translated the Lokomotiv's post from Russian, I got this:

"It's all about Ryan Seacrest, who recently visited the birthday party of our special Daniel Daniel. Watch this video, it's very moving."

valpotx

Like so many of our players, he is such a class act.  I am very happy to see that their fan base has taken to him as we did.  He works and plays hard, and seems like such a solid character guy.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUBBFan

Quote from: wh on December 15, 2017, 03:43:40 PM
Quote from: VUBBFan on December 15, 2017, 02:24:03 PM
Fan - You may want to check the batteries on your sarcasm detector.  ;)

I looked and apparently I didn't have any batteries installed. I'll make sure to keep fresh ones in from now on. lol

valpotx

EddieCabot is a unique poster.  Sometimes you can easily tell that he is being sarcastic, while other times he hides it well.  Every now and then, he seems to make a somewhat serious post.  He is an enigma :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Quote from: EddieCabot on December 14, 2017, 09:43:36 PM

It seems Lexus Williams, is that how you pronounce it, just couldn't hack it at Valpo. Our replacement guards are just waiting for the right time of year. You don't win championships in Nov-Dec.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

VU2014