• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Where in the world is/was

Started by IndyValpo, February 03, 2012, 02:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

I wonder who he is practicing with?  Other players that are signed to the same agent?
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Quote from: vufan75 on July 20, 2018, 08:06:41 PM
Vashil did indeed hang with AP. Scroll thru the Instagram pics in the link to I think it is picture #4.
Quote from: bbtds on July 20, 2018, 12:21:33 PM
Quote from: VU2014 on July 20, 2018, 11:50:02 AM
It looks like Vashil caught up with AP in Vegas the other day.

https://twitter.com/vashilluv_bball/status/1020171896841793536

The guys in the instagram picture that Vashil is referring to does not include Alec Peters. I'm not sure who those guys are, maybe some Jamaican guys he knows, but not Alec.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlcOUlenx8y/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1oayrxog179o2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

My apologies. I'm not of the Instagram generation and don't know how to go beyond the first pic posted by Vashil. Seems that if you are referring to a pic that isn't obviously present you would explain that for us older folks who are not acclamated to these platforms.

VU2014

Looks like the Peters Family was hanging out with Powell Family down in Nashville the other day.

https://twitter.com/4apeters/status/1020880104300339200

VULB#62

These guys really get around, don't they?

valpotx

Evan Bruinsma (Detroit) played for Shane's team last season.

European pyramid for their regional competitions:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_professional_club_basketball_system
"Don't mess with Texas"

VU75

Jason Hawkins just named head coach at Trinity Christian.

VU2014

Quote from: VU75 on July 28, 2018, 07:27:07 PM

You can almost guarantee we will be hosting Trinity Christian sometime within the next 2 seasons. Congrats to Jason Hawkins! A great coach.

valpotx

I am surprised that he hasn't signed somewhere as of yet.
"Don't mess with Texas"

wh

No doubt in my mind that he'll play professionally somewhere. I will always have fond memories of both Tevonn and Max. Loyal to the program and their teammates through thick and thin and unselfish almost to a fault. Just great young men.

wh

I wonder if there's any significance to "Armenia" on his shorts? 

bbtds

And a new hairstyle to boot!

valpopal

[tweet]1023907777717129217[/tweet]

vu72

Quote from: valpopal on July 30, 2018, 08:56:28 AM
[tweet]1023907777717129217[/tweet]

Wow!  50 professional players in 25 years!  That has got to be helpful in recruiting.  Wonder what Tevonn will be making?
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpotx

Congrats to him!  I had hoped that he would sign in a top division somewhere, but this will be a stepping stone for him!
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

Quote from: VU2014 on July 28, 2018, 07:49:33 PM
Quote from: VU75 on July 28, 2018, 07:27:07 PM

You can almost guarantee we will be hosting Trinity Christian sometime within the next 2 seasons. Congrats to Jason Hawkins! A great coach.

They've seemed like a fixture already. At least twice in recent seasons.

VUGrad1314

They can come play an EXHIBITION GAME at the ARC every year if they want, but as far as an actual regular season game, no way. Those days need to be over.

NativeCheesehead

I dunno, i'm still holding a grudge at everything Bosco related for the Skara situation. Willingly or unwillingly, two of our former players played a role in that, and Hawkins was one of them. That whole program does nothing but pimp out high school and college age kids for a slice of their earnings down the road. I know there are many like them out there, and the AAU programs are worse, but that doesn't excuse it.

VU2014

From people I've talked to it sounds like Hawkins didn't have anything to do with the Skara situation. That was Maravilla's doing. Hawkins just coached the team. They certainly helped the local kid who is headed to Maryland.

It sounds like all parties involved have tried to move passed that incident.

I'm not sure how much bad blood still exists there. I'm also not sure how likely it is for us to land a player out of DB, but I know the coaching staff has scouted their players since then.

wh

Quote from: VU2014 on July 31, 2018, 12:55:33 PM
From people I've talked to it sounds like Hawkins didn't have anything to do with the Skara situation. That was Maravilla's doing. Hawkins just coached the team. They certainly helped the local kid who is headed to Maryland.

It sounds like all parties involved have tried to move passed that incident.

I'm not sure how much bad blood still exists there. I'm also not sure how likely it is for us to land a player out of DB, but I know the coaching staff has scouted their players since then.

Not to make this about me, but I still detest Maravilla for influencing David Skara to leave. He caused great damage to the program by what he did. I rather doubt that Mark or Matt have gotten over it either.  Never trust an unrepentant back stabber not to stab you in the back again, anymore than you would trust an unrepentant murderer not to kill again. 

VU2014

Google translate could get a little funky lol

https://twitter.com/cskabasket/status/1026367732537847808

https://cskabasket.com/news/?id=17334

"If there is a chipotle in Moscow, life will work out here"
08/06/2018

Newcomer CSKA Alec Peters arrived in Moscow to undergo a medical examination, and gave an interview to the press service of our club. The soldier told about the way to Moscow, his university, brother-scout and number 25.

Let's start with a frivolous question - how often are you confused with American actor Alec Peters?
And is there such an actor? Honestly, I did not know. Where was he shot?

In the "Star Trek".
It's great. Of course, I know about Star Trek, but I did not hear about the actor.

How and why did you choose the University of Valparaiso? In it not the most popular basketball program, there were offers better.
There's an excellent coaching staff. And I was surrounded by amazing people who offered an adaptation program at the university, they completely took care of me to grow up as a basketball player, helped me a lot. As you correctly noted, not the most popular and small in terms of the size and size of the students place, but absolutely the right choice for me.

Who advised you this place?
Brad Shru. He was the head coach of the university for three years by that time. He himself once played in Europe, I am grateful to him for all the time spent while studying.

In college, you kept a diary and wrote down plans for the day. Are you still using it?
Yes, I'm still recording. Even today, if you look into my backpack, you'll see a notebook there. There are always many questions, as well as to-do lists for the day. Then I delete what I have done. It's easier for me to remember everything.

Does this system help you in basketball?
I love different films about basketball and spend a lot of time watching not only movies, but also the games themselves, that's why it helps. For example, while flying to Moscow, I watched three matches of CSKA in the Euroleague on the plane, recorded important moments. Later, when the opportunity is available, ask all questions to the head coach.

What is the most memorable game in the NBA?
Of course, the last match of the regular season against the "Dallas", then I scored 36 points, scored 8 three-pointers. I remember that I was very tired then, especially towards the fourth quarter. Then in the second half there were very few time-outs.

Did you read the press before this match? Then many media wrote that Alek Peters does not fit the NBA, he is a player of a different caliber.
The press can write anything. I prefer to think that I am universal, I can play at any level, be it the Euroleague or the NBA.

Your last season in the NBA can not be called successful, but you showed yourself very well in the G-League, why is that?
In the G-league there was more playing time than in the NBA, plus there you can type and not lose speed, while adapting to the club system. When preparing for the NBA season, you need to cope with any tasks.

Heard that your brother Austin helps you in video scouting, is that so?
Now Austin is a big man in basketball, he is an assistant coach at a university in the USA. He was a big part of the process of building me as a basketball player, he helped me a lot in everything. Previously, they disassembled my game, the game of rivals, which contributed to my development. The first two years he was at the university.

Do you know someone from CSKA? Did you remember the names of the new teammates?
I know Americans - Corey Higgins and Kyle Hines, I grew up on their college games. I can not wait to play with them on the same platform. Of course, I know about Nando De Colo and Sergio Rodriguez - a great opportunity for me to learn a lot from them.

Communicated with Dimitris Itudis?
Oh sure. The conversation was about the club as a whole, about the team of the new season, about my expectations from basketball in Europe as a whole. And the main goal of the season is the victory in the Euroleague, for which we must give all our strength, while not forgetting about the success in the VTB League. I liked our conversation, Dimitris is very active, it's great.

Have time to see Moscow?
One can say with one glance. I was lucky that the sunny weather is in Moscow, I just looked around while we were driving through traffic jams to the clinic for medical examination. While I like everything.

Maybe he already tried chipotle in Moscow?
Ah, if it were here. This is my favorite dish, if in Moscow it is cooked somewhere, it changes everything! Then you will know where to look for me every evening for dinner.

You played at number 25. But in CSKA this number is occupied by fans of the club.
I already heard, I'm curious that it was 25. I was a little upset, because I always played under the 25th, but there is no problem, I took the fifth number.

Why the fifth?
I consulted with my family and my girlfriend, decided, if not 25, then some of the numbers 2 or 5, took 5.

You have a one-year contract, why such? Do you hope to return to the NBA at the end of the next season or just try out how to play in Europe?
The main thing is that at the finish of the season I became better than I was a year ago. I think that I have concluded the right contract in the right place, CSKA is a great club, and I'm glad to be able to play here. I'll give myself all for the result of the team, I'm not going to take it lightly a la "just for a year". Everyone with whom I consulted about the transition to CSKA, said that this is a great place. Next summer I will be in the same situation, being in search of a better place to continue my career. Now it's CSKA.

With whom did you consult before signing the contract?
With his agent first of all, his family.

What are the strengths and weaknesses of Alec Peters?
Speaking of strengths: I like to work, train, play basketball, I'm always happy on the playground, so I'm ready to give my best every time I go to the floor, I like to throw. Weak points: I'm not the fastest, not the strongest, not as jumping as I'd like to be. But I try to compensate for this by turning on my head and working on myself.

In conclusion, what are the expectations from the upcoming season?
I expect victories, many victorious matches. Arriving from the NBA team, which often lost, missed the feeling of victory. I look forward to the success and pleasure of victories. And I'm here to help the team achieve first places.

valpo95

It is a good interview.  Did anyone else catch this quote:

Who advised you this place?
Brad Shru. He was the head coach of the university for three years by that time. He himself once played in Europe, I am grateful to him for all the time spent while studying.

Is this the Google Translate version of Bryce Drew?