• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! VALPO04 IS THE FIRST EVER POSTER OF THE WEEK!!!!

Started by Crusader03, February 06, 2012, 10:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!  VALPO04 IS THE FIRST EVER POSTER OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!

valpo04
1 (100%)
ValpoHoops
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: February 11, 2012, 10:16:39 PM

Crusader03

Guys, I think it would be a really great thing to build camradarie and excitement around the board if we were to have a "poster of the week" thread!  This one would be specifically for basketball season...we can do another one in baseball season (but I have a good idea who will be winning that one...valpotx, anyone??  BTW, is he Lasorda?  I heard he might post here and his baseball insights are off-the-charts good).  So, the way this would work is each week I will post a poll and then leave it to you guys to debate the merits of each!

This week is a no-brainer.  I would like to humbly nominate our amazing MODS for POTW!!!  No one has done more for this board than these two (well, that may be an overstatement, some including myself may have done more for this board at times) and they deserve this high honor.  valpo04 keeps law and order 'round these parts and does it with great class, humor and conviction.  ValpoHoops is on the womens' staff and brings deep insight to the board and just has a knack for saying the right thing at the right time.  Additionally, they have made so many improvements here that would not have been possible without them.  Thank you gentlemen...we honor you this week.

Guys, have set the maximum votes per user to 1000.  You have 5 days to elect the first ever POTW!!!!!!   :cheers:

Crusader03

valpofan56

DMvalpo18

Can anyone predict what this guy is ever going to say or do?

Crusader03

Quote from: DMvalpo18 on February 06, 2012, 10:26:13 PM
Can anyone predict what this guy is ever going to say or do?

Don't forget to vote DM!

Some people want to just pee in other's cheerios (not you DM, but another poster in this thread who I will not mention by name)...this thread may not be for everyone, but if it's not just mosey on down the board to another thread.  But for those who want to stay, jump on in, the water's fine!

Crusader03

Quote from: valpofan56 on February 06, 2012, 10:22:01 PM
Can we please ban this troll?

BTW, "we" can't do anything....YOU are NOT a mod and with good reason.  If valpo04 and ValpoHoops want to ban me for honoring them, that would be quite odd, but their perogative.  But you cannot ban anyone because you do not have banning powers.

Cross valpofan56 off the list of possible POTW candidates for next week, peeps!   :lol:

historyman

I just knew I should not have even opened this thread. But my curiosity got the best of me.

I challenge all other posters not to vote in this obviously ridiculous poll.

letsgovu

Quote from: Crusader03 on February 06, 2012, 10:16:39 PMGuys, I think it would be a really great thing to build camradarie and excitement around the board if we were to have a "poster of the week" thread!

You should focus all of this energy on your schoolwork

Crusader03

Quote from: letsgovu on February 07, 2012, 07:35:55 AM
Quote from: Crusader03 on February 06, 2012, 10:16:39 PMGuys, I think it would be a really great thing to build camradarie and excitement around the board if we were to have a "poster of the week" thread!

You should focus all of this energy on your schoolwork

:troll:

Crusader03

Quote from: historyman on February 06, 2012, 11:53:31 PM
I just knew I should not have even opened this thread. But my curiosity got the best of me.

I challenge all other posters not to vote in this obviously ridiculous poll.

I'm not surprised...history, maybe you will be mentioned in the next poll.  Don't be offended.

Crusader03

Due to the snarkiness being exhibited in this thread, I have decided to close down the polling place early.  That said...our winner is....druuuuuuuuuuum roll please.....

VALPO04!  He deserves this (more or less)...I would like to take a minute to thank him for all of his contributions to VU hoops and this board. 

Ok, I'll get next week's poll up as soon as I have a minute.

vusupporter

I thought this was the Valpo Basketball forum, not the Valpo Fan Zone Forum Posters forum.

Valpo89

I wonder if I would get any votes for peeing on Crusader03's Cheerios.

valporun

The best move ValpoHoops or valpo04 could do is move this thread out of the Valpo Basketball section, and into the General Sports section?

Crusader03

Quote from: valporun on February 07, 2012, 09:25:07 AM
The best move ValpoHoops or valpo04 could do is move this thread out of the Valpo Basketball section, and into the General Sports section?

It's a thread honoring them...why would they do anything else?

valporun

Quote from: Crusader03 on February 07, 2012, 10:50:39 AM

Because it had nothing to do with Valpo Basketball, as much as it does your ego about how you think you're the forum's best poster EVER, when all you are to most of us here is another wrangling windbag. Hope you aren't having issues with the heat around you.

Crusader03

Quote from: valporun on February 07, 2012, 12:10:57 PM

Because it had nothing to do with Valpo Basketball, as much as it does your ego about how you think you're the forum's best poster EVER, when all you are to most of us here is another wrangling windbag. Hope you aren't having issues with the heat around you.

OBVIOUS  :troll:

vuweathernerd

Quote from: Crusader03 on February 07, 2012, 01:59:10 PM
Quote from: valporun on February 07, 2012, 12:10:57 PM

OBVIOUS  :troll:

obvious :-X :troll: is  :-X obvious 

sectionee

What an honor.  Congratulations Valpo04  :lol: Some of you need to relax and have a little fun with this guy.

StlVUFan

Quote from: sectionee on February 07, 2012, 06:24:15 PM
What an honor.  Congratulations Valpo04  :lol: Some of you need to relax and have a little fun with this guy.

Oh, he's harmless.  I am still waiting for the fun part, though.

Crusader03

Quote from: StlVUFan on February 07, 2012, 07:47:12 PM

Oh, he's harmless.  I am still waiting for the fun part, though.

Where did you and I go wrong STL?  Was it the abbreviation thing?  Maybe we should start over.  You should be in the elite tier with me, ee, et al...not languishing with the rabble.  I'm game if you are!

Crusader03

I have a feeling this guy right here is going to be up for this nomination in the VERY near future!!!  Congratulations on your pre-POTW speculation, EE!!!!

EE= EXCELLENT EVERYDAY if you ask me!!!

okinawatyphoon

Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon