• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Goodman's preview of tournament

Started by StlVUFan, February 26, 2012, 08:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StlVUFan

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/35003131?source=rss_blogs_NCAAB

QuoteThe Bulldogs have made two straight improbable appearances in the national title game, but now the odds are stacked against them

And they *didn't* have the odds stacked against them last year??????????????????????

Sloppy writing, probably rushed out in 5 minutes.  :crazy:

agibson

I did enjoy the "last tournament appearance for each team" section.

It was... 2004 the last time the Horizon failed to win a game in the NCAA.  UIC as a 13 seed.  2002 before that, with UIC as a 15 seed.  Mind you, 2002 and 2004 were the last times the Horizon was stuck with seeds that bad.  It's going to be tough to maintain the winning tradition if we get that far, and get stuck with a 13, 14, or even 15.

The only recent Horizon team to win with a 13 seed, or worse, was Cleveland State in 2009 (when Butler failed to advance from their 9 seed).  Before that, it was Xavier in 1991 from a 14 seed.

It does make me wonder... would Butler or CSU, if they manage to win the Horizon tournament, garner a higher seed than Valpo?

covufan

Quote from: agibson on February 27, 2012, 04:34:44 PM
I did enjoy the "last tournament appearance for each team" section.

It was... 2004 the last time the Horizon failed to win a game in the NCAA.  UIC as a 13 seed.  2002 before that, with UIC as a 15 seed.  Mind you, 2002 and 2004 were the last times the Horizon was stuck with seeds that bad.  It's going to be tough to maintain the winning tradition if we get that far, and get stuck with a 13, 14, or even 15.

The only recent Horizon team to win with a 13 seed, or worse, was Cleveland State in 2009 (when Butler failed to advance from their 9 seed).  Before that, it was Xavier in 1991 from a 14 seed.

It does make me wonder... would Butler or CSU, if they manage to win the Horizon tournament, garner a higher seed than Valpo?
They both might.  CSU for their RPI, Butler for previous history.