• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Season over tomorrow-what will you do besides watch the NCAA tourney?

Started by historyman, March 13, 2012, 09:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

If the season ends tomorrow what plans have you made besides watching the NCAA tournament and results of the other tournaments to get you through to the start of Valpo's next basketball season?

valporun

Baseball season, working some baseball concessions all summer, finding a more full-time work gig, either ignoring or potentially not caring about who gets the GOP nod to fend off Obama, and then settle in for another strong Valpo basketball season.

setshot

I'm ready for some football.0-11 & 1-10 the last two seasons should result in at least a 2-9 season next year. Onward and upward. :-*

VUfan

Hike The Ice Age Trail for the next two months forget about BBall ;D

StlVUFan

koala

I hope it doesn't end tomorrow either but if it does we have the Aussie Football season starting soon and we get Ryan home too, lots to be excited about here  :thumbsup:

wh

Quote from: VUfan on March 13, 2012, 10:16:04 PM
Hike The Ice Age Trail for the next two months forget about BBall ;D

Wow!  Are you trying to become an IAT Thousand-Miler?

govalpogo

Hope springs eternal as spring training heats up!  I love baseball season because I don't have to live and die with every game, there's always tomorrow! Go A's!

valpospartan

Quote from: koala on March 14, 2012, 03:07:49 AM
I hope it doesn't end tomorrow either but if it does we have the Aussie Football season starting soon and we get Ryan home too, lots to be excited about here  :thumbsup:

Enjoy having Ryan home, but please be sure to return him to us next season.  :thumbsup:

valpospartan

After VU wins the NIT, I plan on watching Brandon Wood's team making a deep run into the NCAA tourney (hopefully very, very deep)

valpotx

Quote from: govalpogo on March 14, 2012, 08:56:45 AM
Hope springs eternal as spring training heats up!  I love baseball season because I don't have to live and die with every game, there's always tomorrow! Go A's!

I will do the same.  Might be a long year though for your A's with what my Rangers and the Angels have done ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"

okinawatyphoon

I think I am getting rid of cable once basketball season is over.
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

govalpogo

Quote from: valpotx on March 14, 2012, 09:58:51 AM
Quote from: govalpogo on March 14, 2012, 08:56:45 AM

I will do the same.  Might be a long year though for your A's with what my Rangers and the Angels have done ;)

Sigh...very true, but that's why hope "springs" eternal.  I'm sure reality will eventually "fall" on Oakland or San Jose or wherever they end up.  Knowing the A's my hopes  may "summer salt" away quickly this year too.  I don't expect them to have a great season, but this year's young team should be fun to watch. If it gets that bad, I'll just watch Moneyball again.  :)

Valpo89

I'll be training for my 14th consecutive Chicago Marathon as part of the Opportunity Enterprises marathon team.
Anyone who wants to donate, send me a PM and I'll gladly pass along your tax-free donation. :)

covufan

Quote from: setshot on March 13, 2012, 10:08:44 PM
I'm ready for some football.0-11 & 1-10 the last two seasons should result in at least a 2-9 season next year. Onward and upward. :-*
I know this comment is tongue-in-cheek, but it is somewhat positive for setshot. 

I'm also looking foward to football season, and a few Rockies games with the family.

covufan

Quote from: okinawatyphoon on March 14, 2012, 10:02:40 AM
Does no cable and summer in Minot equal  :cheers:

okinawatyphoon

Quote from: covufan on March 14, 2012, 04:36:09 PM
Quote from: okinawatyphoon on March 14, 2012, 10:02:40 AM
Does no cable and summer in Minot equal  :cheers:

As long as there's no flooding, then yes!  :thumbsup:
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

VUfan

I will finish the Ice Age Trail sometime this early summer. Also I will root for the Twins beats rooting for the Sox, Cubs  and a flock of birds and the Brewers.

drewsaders11

Watching baseball.  Cubs fan, recently moved to Missouri.  Plan on catching a game in Stl and KC.  Also making a trip out to San Fran to see the giants beautiful park among other things.  Hoping the tourney has some good games, too, like the first night of the first four

MattCarter

After the tourney is done, I am hoping to watch WAY less TV.  Gonna really try and work on my house this year and catch up on everything I ignored while I was lost in Crusader Nation  :thumbsup: It seems like year after year, I get more and more bored with baseball.
The two greatest things on earth?  Short hair cuts and Valpo Victories!

valpotx

Quote from: MattCarter on March 15, 2012, 12:21:07 PM
After the tourney is done, I am hoping to watch WAY less TV.  Gonna really try and work on my house this year and catch up on everything I ignored while I was lost in Crusader Nation  :thumbsup: It seems like year after year, I get more and more bored with baseball.

Boooooo, terrible comment!  ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"

valporun

Matt, what's wrong with baseball on the radio while you're doing some of the housework? Granted, you like to see the sport more, but at least this allows you to do the housework and other things, and it's "WAY less TV".

agibson

I hope to play a bunch of disc golf - a new hobby.  Hopefully some church league softball too.  I'll have to decide what sports to follow.  VU baseball or softball perhaps?  Will surely check out at least a game or two of VU spring sports.  MLB?  Who's managing the White Sox these days?  Maybe some MLS?  Or I wonder what European football I get on Comcast.

We'll probably buy a house here sometime, too.

StlVUFan