• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Julius Mays

Started by wh, April 09, 2012, 09:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Just noticed this on the Purdue board:

http://purdue.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=52&tid=172732784&mid=172732784&sid=892&style=2

I hope there is nothing to this.  The conference can ill afford to lose another 1st team all conference player to the Big 10 for the 2nd consecutive year.

valpotx

Didn't we play against NC State when he was there?  I didn't know that was the same guy.  For some reason, I thought he had a good game against us when at NC St?
"Don't mess with Texas"

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valpotx on April 10, 2012, 02:36:23 AM
Didn't we play against NC State when he was there?  I didn't know that was the same guy.  For some reason, I thought he had a good game against us when at NC St?

nope. we haven't played nc state since before my freshman year (06-07). we played a 2 for 1 with unc, but nothing with nc state.

sectionee

He is a heck of a scorer.  Indeed the competition will take a hit if he were to leave.

dylanrocks

Fellas, wasn't Julius a second-team all-conference honoree?

valporun

nerd, I believe NC State was a 2-for-1 deal when Herb Sendak was the coach, but once Sidney Lowe came in, he cancelled the remainder of the contract.

valpotx

It shows us as having played them in 2009-2010 as well.

Edit:  Never mind, our schedule says we didn't play them then.  For Julius Mays' profile on ESPN, it has in the game log NC State beating Valpo in 2009-2010, weird.
"Don't mess with Texas"

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valporun on April 10, 2012, 12:53:40 PM
nerd, I believe NC State was a 2-for-1 deal when Herb Sendak was the coach, but once Sidney Lowe came in, he cancelled the remainder of the contract.

that's what it was supposed to be, and yes it got cancelled. but we just never played them while i was in school, according to the team's past schedules pages, which jives with my memory of that period.

motowntitan

Wow,

This is a shocker- I guess with transfers (vs. Juco's) you forget that they are talking classes their sit-out year.

WH-Good call for initially reporting this almost a month ago.