• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

VU Opens Satelite Campus in Chicago

Started by valpopal, May 10, 2012, 10:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StlVUFan

Quote from: agibson on June 13, 2012, 10:29:03 PM
Quote from: StlVUFan on May 11, 2012, 09:39:45 AM
Quote from: agibson on May 10, 2012, 05:25:09 PM
Quote from: StlVUFan on May 10, 2012, 04:51:18 PMWhen I was pursuing a Master of Arts in Theology at LSTC, one of my professors also taught at Valpo University.

There was a time when such an arrangement would have been a problem for Valpo (ecclesiastically), but those days are long gone ;)

I didn't realize you were at LSTC!  My wife split her time with PLTS, but her MDiv is from LSTC.  We lived there next to campus for a year.

Who was the switch hitting prof?  Carolyn Leeb is the first name to come to mind - at least I'm fairly sure she has taught at both.  But maybe that's the wrong era?
I don't remember his name, only his gender ;)  This would have been in early 2000.

My wife has a couple of suggestions, it turns out.  Rick Bliese?  James Moore?
No (I actually know Rick Bliese a little), and I don't think so, though I'm not sure.

He taught an evening course at LSTC so obviously his VU responsibilities were during the day.  If I can ever find my directory from that year, I'll see if it can jog my memory.

agibson

Quote from: StlVUFan on June 14, 2012, 12:32:06 AM
No (I actually know Rick Bliese a little), and I don't think so

Another moonlighting gig Bliese had was as a part-time pastor in the south suburbs.

My wife followed him up there, on a full-time basis, big shoes to fill!