• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Horizon League Baseball Race

Started by bbtds, May 13, 2012, 10:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

Since Wright State swept the YSU Penguins this weekend they remain 1 game ahead of the Crusaders in the HL baseball race due to Valpo dropping 1 of 3 to UIC at Em Bauer Field. This coming Thur, Fri, Sat Valpo hosts YSU and the Raiders visit Hank Aaron Field in Milwaukee to face the Panthers in the last regular season series of 2012. Milwaukee knocked off our favorite departing HL member, Butler, three times in Milwaukee this past weekend. So in three series there were 2 sweeps but Valpo lost one at home to UIC with Wild pitching because you know who jinxed them. Just kidding  ::)

valpotx

We need a sweep and Milwaukee to take 2 of 3 from WSU.  Both are possible!
"Don't mess with Texas"

jetz

It has been well documented (so naturally I'm going to repeat it now) that we have already secured the best HL regular season finish in school history and locked up the all important first round bye in the tournament.  As much as I would like to do something bold (and stupid) like last week and guarantee some prediction for this week's series, I will instead channel my inner Crash Davis and say the following:

"We just gotta take 'em one game at a time."
"We just have to play our hardest and, the Good Lord willing, help the team try to win some games."

There.  That should appease the gods...GO VALPO!   :-X
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

valpotx

I like Coach Stevens motto from the softball tournament, in taking each game as a one game win streak  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"