• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

What a random incident!

Started by valpotx, May 25, 2012, 02:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

Anyone see this ongoing incident in dear old Valpo??  I saw this story and thought the intersection looked familiar in the picture, but never thought it would be in Valpo!

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/25/11881035-gunshots-confirmed-at-scene-of-indiana-hostage-situation-no-injuries-reported?lite/
"Don't mess with Texas"

StlVUFan

Quote from: valpotx on May 25, 2012, 02:56:06 PM
Anyone see this ongoing incident in dear old Valpo??  I saw this story and thought the intersection looked familiar in the picture, but never thought it would be in Valpo!

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/25/11881035-gunshots-confirmed-at-scene-of-indiana-hostage-situation-no-injuries-reported?lite/

5-way intersections are usually very memorable ;)  I know that one very well.  Fortunately my Dad lives at least a mile away and is not likely to be out and about.

I've been following #ValpoGunman for about an hour now.

valpopal

I live nearby and witnessed the activities firsthand. When the hostages were released, I was hoping for a better ending rather than the sad closure that resulted. Though I didn't get very close, I know a couple of the police and newspaper reporters on the site, and they had suspicions that the end might be tragic, though it could have been much worse. The swarm of police, emergency vehicles, swat teams, television satellite trucks, and hovering helicopters were something I'd expect to see in a drama instead of the streets of Valpo, and I hope not to see here again.

blawson

i have heard a lot of accidents in intersections and they are really deadly places to encounter an accident most of the time a lot of dead and injured people in the area after and accident. i do hope that people will be able to really follow traffic rules especially in this places because these are really very dangerous places especially when you least expect it.