• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

New rumor: Butler leaving NOW

Started by wh, May 29, 2012, 03:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zvillehaze

I know you guys are worried about things other than Butler, but thought I'd mention that ESPN Game Day will be visiting for the Butler- Gonzaga game.  http://www.butlersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/2012-13/releases/080812aaa  I'm sure Digger will be thrilled, since he was 1-2 in his last three visits to Hinkle.   :lol:

historyman

You're barking up the wrong tree, zville. We have been told by many posters on this board that we should not be concerned with Butler anymore. I'm good with that.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

zvillehaze

Quote from: historyman on August 11, 2012, 11:09:29 PM
You're barking up the wrong tree, zville. We have been told by many posters on this board that we should not be concerned with Butler anymore. I'm good with that.

Sorry ... didn't mean to upset anyone over here.   :-[   I'll find another tree to bark up. :thumbsup:

milanmiracle

Quote from: zvillehaze on August 10, 2012, 09:53:55 PM
I know you guys are worried about things other than Butler, but thought I'd mention that ESPN Game Day will be visiting for the Butler- Gonzaga game.  http://www.butlersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/2012-13/releases/080812aaa  I'm sure Digger will be thrilled, since he was 1-2 in his last three visits to Hinkle.   :lol:

Some of us still care, and as an Indy resident, I might try to make it down to check it out. As far as I'm concerned, keep us posted
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

zvillehaze

Quote from: zvillehaze on June 02, 2012, 10:22:34 AM
Quote from: vu72 on June 02, 2012, 08:16:54 AM
I thought it was interesting that Clarke thinks getting to the NCAAs will be EASIER in the A10 versus the Horizon.  I suppose it does make sense if the Horizon is only going to be an auto-bid league.  Everyone knows Valpo will get that so Butler would have to settle for the CIT or something once again.

I love when vu72 calls his shot!  Lots of fans claim to support their teams, but he really backs it up!  :clap: Just for the record, here are his predictions so far for the '12-'13 Valpo season, along the predictions I'd still like to hear:

1.  Top 25 ranking.
2.  Horizon league auto-bid to NCAA tournament.
3.  NCAA tourney seeding? (need a prediction here).
4.  NCAA tourney wins? (need a prediction here).

I realize this is probably a stupid bet, but I'll propose it to vu72 just to keep things interesting.  I've got a crisp $20 bill that says Butler wins a game in the NCAA tournament before Valpo does.  Given that Valpo is by far the better team/program, I should ask for 2 to 1 odds or something, but in the spirit of friendship and sportsmanship, I'll bet straight up.  Deal?   :thumbsup:
Quote from: vu72 on June 02, 2012, 11:14:47 PM
Wow! Things must be slow on the Butler board--they are coming after me pretty hard  ;).  OK Haze, I'll take the bet.  $20 buck on who wins an NCAA tourney game first.  If it is both in the same round it is a push.

Just bumping to acknowledge vu72 being correct about Valpo earning the Horizon's automatic bid.  That's my  :twocents: ... we'll see if vu72 offers up his  :twocents: x 1,000 !   ;D

milanmiracle

"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

vu72

Quote from: zvillehaze on March 22, 2013, 09:22:15 PM
I thought it was interesting that Clarke thinks getting to the NCAAs will be EASIER in the A10 versus the Horizon.  I suppose it does make sense if the Horizon is only going to be an auto-bid league.  Everyone knows Valpo will get that so Butler would have to settle for the CIT or something once again.

I love when vu72 calls his shot!  Lots of fans claim to support their teams, but he really backs it up!  :clap: Just for the record, here are his predictions so far for the '12-'13 Valpo season, along the predictions I'd still like to hear:

1.  Top 25 ranking.

I realize this is probably a stupid bet, but I'll propose it to vu72 just to keep things interesting.  I've got a crisp $20 bill that says Butler wins a game in the NCAA tournament before Valpo does.  Given that Valpo is by far the better team/program, I should ask for 2 to 1 odds or something, but in the spirit of friendship and sportsmanship, I'll bet straight up.  Deal?   :thumbsup:
Wow! Things must be slow on the Butler board--they are coming after me pretty hard  ;).  OK Haze, I'll take the bet.  $20 buck on who wins an NCAA tourney game first.  If it is both in the same round it is a push.

Just bumping to acknowledge vu72 being correct about Valpo earning the Horizon's automatic bid.  That's my  :twocents: ... we'll see if vu72 offers up his  :twocents: x 1,000 !   ;D

Consider it "offered up'.  I'm a man of my word and you were right.  PM me you name and address and the 20 "will be in the mail"!! 

Just wondering, with Clarke and Smith gone (others??), what are you thinking concerning next year for that school in Indy?
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

zvillehaze

Quote from: vu72 on March 24, 2013, 02:04:03 PM
Quote from: zvillehaze on March 22, 2013, 09:22:15 PM

1.  Top 25 ranking.

Consider it "offered up'.  I'm a man of my word and you were right.  PM me you name and address and the 20 "will be in the mail"!! 

Just wondering, with Clarke and Smith gone (others??), what are you thinking concerning next year for that school in Indy?

You're an honorable guy, vu72.  Here's what you can do ... send that $20 (and any additional amount you'd like to kick in ;) ) to the Valpo Athletic department, earmarked for the "Keep Bryce as Coach" fund.  Deal?

IMO, Butler will take a step back next year ... won't be easy to replace the production of Clarke and Smith.  Making the tournament would be a great accomplishment.  Looking at the big picture, I think the program is in very good shape.  (Similar view on Valpo ... likely to step back next year, but program heading in the right direction as long as my $20 entices Bryce to stay around!  ;D )