• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Website Updates

Started by IndyValpo, September 26, 2012, 09:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndyValpo

We are weeks into the fall schedules and football, volleyball and the soccer Interactive Recruiting Guide, formally the Media Guide are all from 2011.  What gives?

sliman

Until Ryan's replacement is on board, it's undoubtedly difficult for Aaron to do everything that needs to be done.  And student helpers may not have the background and/or access to be of much help on the Web site.

valporun

I have to concur with sliman on this. Until Aaron has an assistant with time to help put together media guides, and do some work for sports that aren't football, volleyball, and probably men's/women's basketball, Aaron has his hands full with all the work, considering how late in the game Ryan Wronkowicz left the department.

jetz

Do we have a new SID?  Aaron?  Aaron who?  Thanks in advance for the info...
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

valporun

Aaron Leavitt is the current SID. He was the assistant to Ryan Wronkowicz, so he just moved over until a new hire is made.  Aaron is a Valpo grad, and very hard worker, but probably feeling very overwhelmed at this time.

KL31NY

Any idea if we've added anyone to the sports media relations department to work with Aaron? The website section still lists Aaron only, and it's clear that he's been busting his hump between game notes, running events, coaches show, etc.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

valporun

I haven't seen or heard anything about a new assistant SID, so I'm guessing they are using some sports info interns to help with some of the non-revenue sports?

KL31NY

It's possible. I had an internship in the office w/ Aaron and Ryan a couple springs back and did a lot of records work with bowling, golf, baseball, and football. Occasionally did some programs, too. One or two people in the office w/ some records would be nice, a person or two to pitch in for live events and updating would be even better
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."

KL31NY

Per Aaron Leavitt's social media accounts, Aaron has been named Interim Assistant Director of Athletics for Media Relations. He and two grad assistants will handle the rest of the 2012-13 athletics season (anyone know who those are?), and a full-time SID should join him for next year, with the "ADoAfMR" position to go to either Aaron or the newbie for 2013-14.

Congrats, Aaron for something is definitely well deserved!

valporun

That's good for Aaron, although by this point, if VU hadn't found someone, this is just old news made more official. I couldn't tell you who the two grad assistants are, but they seem to be doing a decent job right now. Just hope whomever they find to replace Ryan Wronkowicz really helps Aaron make major strides in how Media Relations are handled on the website.