• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Radio coverage

Started by valpospartan, October 27, 2012, 09:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpospartan

Are BB being games carried on any radio stations - I can't find any mention on the Vaplo website?

valporun

The Valpo Sports Radio Network doesn't cover the exhibition games. The student radio station, WVUR, was covering it, but the internet connection didn't seem to work. It didn't make sense to me at all, but at least we had Valpo Gameday working strong.

MattCarter

I have actually tried to find out how to sponsor the broadcasts.  I never get call backs.  I guess they are all kush with money.

At the very least they could make a page to say what stations its on and how to contact to advertise....but then you would want to make money
The two greatest things on earth?  Short hair cuts and Valpo Victories!

chef

The regular season basketball games will all be on WAKE, WEFM, and WJOB. The advertising is sold on a network basis by the university. Anybody hoping to be a part of the broadcast can contact the athletic department. There's still advertising space available. Matt: please message me if you've tried to contact the athletic department and have been unsuccessful. I'll get you in the right hands.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valpospartan on October 27, 2012, 09:39:22 PMI can't find any mention on the Vaplo website

i would try looking on the Valpo website

signed,

ValpoWolverine ;)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

SadersofthelostArc

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on October 28, 2012, 09:15:17 PM
Quote from: valpospartan on October 27, 2012, 09:39:22 PMI can't find any mention on the Vaplo website

i would try looking on the Valpo website

signed,

ValpoWolverine ;)

:rotfl:  lol, ZING!

Nicely played, LaPorte.

LaPorteAveApostle

This will date me, but it reminded me of our pep rally for the Bryce Drew-Tim Bishop-David Furlin VHS almost-champs in '94.

Our principals (four of them) threw themselves on the floor to spell letters.  We were supposed to yell out what they were forming.

"V!"

"A!!"

"...P?"

"...L..."

".
P..."

"o".

somebody (blythe's? magic?) screenprinted each of them a VAPLPO t-shirt, white on kelly green.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

SadersofthelostArc

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on October 28, 2012, 10:16:35 PM
This will date me, but it reminded me of our pep rally for the Bryce Drew-Tim Bishop-David Furlin VHS almost-champs in '94.

Our principals (four of them) threw themselves on the floor to spell letters.  We were supposed to yell out what they were forming.

"V!"

"A!!"

"...P?"

"...L..."

".
P..."

"o".

somebody (blythe's? magic?) screenprinted each of them a VAPLPO t-shirt, white on kelly green.

I do believe it had to be Blythe's as Magic's wasn't quite around yet.

Thanks for sharing that story....haven't heard it in YEARS. 

agibson

Quote from: valporun on October 27, 2012, 10:00:09 PM
The Valpo Sports Radio Network doesn't cover the exhibition games. The student radio station, WVUR, was covering it, but the internet connection didn't seem to work. It didn't make sense to me at all, but at least we had Valpo Gameday working strong.

I wondered about the internet feed.  I was nervous when I saw the link from Athletics was to the WVUR feed - their streaming has always seemed... a bit dodgy.

My six-year old was pleased to see that the game was on 95.1 over the air waves.   We got to listen in the car on the way back from a Halloween party, and I think it only moderately delayed his bed time to have the game on in lieu of his usual "going to sleep" music ;)

StlVUFan

They're way too small for me now, but I think I still have two T-shirts, one of them with a picture of Punter's tie on the front, the other one with one of those "Let's shoot the basketball from Valpo to Indianapolis and make funny jokes along the way" T-shirts (I can't remember how it went exactly, sorry, but it did stop off at each round along the way).

I sure hope the webcast works tomorrow night.