• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Winter in Indiana

Started by valpopal, January 05, 2014, 11:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

For those not on campus, and especially for those alums in warm weather locations, I thought you'd be interested to know that the university is officially closed for the next couple of days. From Provost Schwehn: "In light of the forecast for increasingly frigid temperatures and additional snow accumulation, Valparaiso University will suspend its operations from Sunday, January 5, until noon on Tuesday, January 7." The university is hoping to have operations ready for classes on Wednesday.

Below is a photo I took of the scene outside the ARC at halftime of the game Thursday night, which was before most of the snow had fallen from that storm and obviously before this weekend's big storm hit.

setshot

Thanks pal. Glad I live in the sunny south. My brother in Carmel,IN. is ready to cash it in and move to warmer climes. We are going to be cold,in the 20's,but no snow. COME ON DOWN!

LaPorteAveApostle

Why stop there?  Come all the way down.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Naples+FL+USFL0338

Judging by the streets and pews, most of the Midwest is already here :)

(note: avoid the east coast of FL because that's where East Coasters from up north go)

Beautiful picture, though, pal.  Even though Valpo was the furthest south I'd lived (Detroit, Buffalo) I don't know if I could move back now though.  I'm afraid I've been ruined :(

But it's nice for the memories.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

historyman

Not a true photographer but I also snapped some pictures after the game on Thursday:

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

LaPorteAveApostle

seems like a game during which "warm up the bus!!!" would have been a particularly apropĆ³s chant
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa