• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

New NCAA Tournament Projections [Brackets]

Started by Just Sayin, December 23, 2021, 01:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjjvalpo

Loyola has a NET ranking of 15, yet the projected seed is 9 (ie. 33rd-36th  best team) I thought the NET rankings were supposed  correct this bias against the non-power 5 conferences.

Just Sayin

Quote from: tjjvalpo on December 23, 2021, 07:19:35 PM
Loyola has a NET ranking of 15, yet the projected seed is 9 (ie. 33rd-36th  best team) I thought the NET rankings were supposed  correct this bias against the non-power 5 conferences.

I don't know. Lunardi's latest brackets shows Loyola as an 8 seed. KenPom has them ranked overall  at 23/358 at this time. If they end up there at the end of season, I would think they should be better than an 8 or 9 seed but I'm not into picking seeds nor have I spent any time learning how to be a bracketologist. (Sp.?)

usc4valpo

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

Just Sayin

Quote from: usc4valpo on December 23, 2021, 10:31:03 PM
Why is undefeated USC only a 3 seed?

I have no idea. Lunardi has USC as a 4 seed. Find out what a good bracketologist uses in his seeding calculation. I don't understand how so many of these guys come within a team of what the NCAA ends up selecting. There has to be a formula used that can be replicated using a spreadsheet I presume. All I care about is picking winners which is much different from picking the teams to be selected  and the seeding of those teamS. I see no value in being able to be 100% accurate on which teams are selected or on which seed each team ends up having.  Picking winners is much more personally rewarding and meaningful to me.

usc4valpo

USC accounted for 30 plus Olympic medals. Name a big 10 program lose to that.

Btw,wasn't the Big 10 supposed to be dominant last year and their hopes went away like a fart in the wind? In the meantime, 3 pac 12 teams were in the elite 8, and UCLA provided an outstanding, inspirational performance against Gonzaga. Losers, sure dude

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

Baylor - that ever so moral school. Let's go Art.

Just Sayin

Houston a 4 seed after having two of their top scorers out for the season? I think not.

Just Sayin

Loyola an 8th seed? An 8 or 9 seed is the kiss of death in the tournament in vast majority of tournaments. I'd rather be a 7, 10 or 11 and have a better chance to progress to later rounds.

I know, Loyola beat the 1-seed last year but then got beat by a 12 seed.  ???

usc4valpo

USC only a 4 and Iowa State a 2? This is a joke.

Just Sayin

Quote from: usc4valpo on December 28, 2021, 10:14:48 PM
USC only a 4 and Iowa State a 2? This is a joke.

Lunardi has USC 3 seed and Iowa St. 4 seed.