• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

New Axe March Madness Commercial (Featuring "The Shot")

Started by govalpogo, March 07, 2013, 12:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

govalpogo

This is fun, haven't seen it on TV yet...but I haven't watched TV in a while. 

AXE Apollo - NCAA March Madness Commercial

Poor Bryce...

Kyle321n

That's clever.  They did a terrible job at getting the cheerleader uniforms right, but it's entertaining.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

Valpo89

Quote from: Kyle321n on March 07, 2013, 01:13:17 PM
That's clever.  They did a terrible job at getting the cheerleader uniforms right, but it's entertaining.
But they got better looking cheerleaders. That's when I knew it was fake. :)

justducky

Thats good but if they could add a shot of Homer hugging the astronaut it would be even better!

valpotx

Do we get advertising money from these types of things, or does that go to CBS since they did the broadcasting?
"Don't mess with Texas"

walldozer

That is hilarious!

On a side note, if you could quantify it in a dollar value, I wonder how much the shot is worth to Valparaiso University in terms of publicity?  It is the gift that keeps on giving. 

KL31NY

Quote from: Valpo89 on March 07, 2013, 01:30:53 PM
Quote from: Kyle321n on March 07, 2013, 01:13:17 PM
But they got better looking cheerleaders. That's when I knew it was fake. :)

That's how I figured it out, too  ;D

All jokes aside, great commercial. Love seeing the Shot. BTW, this is the time of the year where ESPN Classic usually gets the Ole Miss game on TV. Anyone have a clue if the game will be on TV soon? I know you can watch it on-demand (vault.ncaa.com), but I love the ESPN Classic sidebars they do coming back from commercials.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

valpo84

Should have had the Chef do the new voiceover (VO) instead of Lundquist.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

ValpoHoops

Quote from: valpo84 on March 07, 2013, 03:18:53 PM
Should have had the Chef do the new voiceover (VO) instead of Lundquist.

That was Kevin Harlan. He is the son of a former Packers exec, does their preseason games, as well as NCAA Tournament games and NBA games for CBS/TNT.

I do agree that having Todd on te call would have been neat, though....but we wouldn't want a national commercial to go to his head....  ;)

agibson

VULB#62

Quote from: walldozer on March 07, 2013, 01:59:48 PM
That is hilarious!

On a side note, if you could quantify it in a dollar value, I wonder how much the shot is worth to Valparaiso University in terms of publicity?  It is the gift that keeps on giving.

With that out in the media and IF WHEN we get to the dance the exposure will be incredible.  I hope the university sees the potential leverage and bootstraps on this and the 2013 NCAA appearance to promote VU really hard.

HC

okinawatyphoon

It's definitely great exposure for the University and hopefully will spread around the internet like wildfire.  :thumbsup:
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

KL31NY

Evansville just ran a "Pacer" look-alike in the MVC Quarterfinals. Imitation being a sincere form of flattery.

Indiana State broke a tie by making the back-end of a pair of free throws. With the Aces down 1 and just 2.5 seconds to go, UE threw a baseball pass to a player near the foul line. With a double-team converging on the long throw, the player deflected it to a teammate who came streaking up from halfcourt. He caught the pass cleanly and went for a layup, but an Indiana State player blocked the shot by simply ripping the ball away from his grasp. Crazy final play.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

milanmiracle

Quote from: VULB#62 on March 07, 2013, 06:37:24 PM
Quote from: walldozer on March 07, 2013, 01:59:48 PM
That is hilarious!

With that out in the media and IF WHEN we get to the dance the exposure will be incredible.  I hope the university sees the potential leverage and bootstraps on this and the 2013 NCAA appearance to promote VU really hard.

VU will have to...you know...actually win in the NCAA tournament for there to be anything to build on. It will be a nice return to the Dance, if indeed they get there, but that would be putting the cart before the horse if they don't win a game or two or five.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado