• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

MEMO to my boy ERIK BUGGS from TREY BURKE: how to defend Keith Appling

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, March 18, 2013, 06:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaPorteAveApostle

1)  whenever Appling spins, he puts it in his right hand.  SO easy to steal his ice cream that way.

2)  make a really EEEEEE!!! happy face when you do so.  i hear you're good at that.

3)  the only part you'll want/need to work on is the dunk at the end. but i s'pose that's optional.

4)  BONUS GARY HARRIS PROTIP:  you can make steals on him by sagging off at just the right time to anticipate his blatantly obvious passing.

stay cool, bro.  #BallaFoLife
show?  show.

Trey Burke Steals Win

see you in the championship game.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

Giant Moose

I don't think Valpo needs advice from anyone associated with Michigan. Michigan doesn't even have a Sweet Sixteen appearance since 1994. Valpo's been there more recently.
1957 1979 1999 2000 2001 2005 2009 2010

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

vu72

Great research!  I'm sure the coaches read this forum all the time and will get Erik to look at it long and hard!  Seriously, I doubt Appling has seen a defender as quick as Erik.  If we run we can negate some of their size advantage.  It will be an interesting coaching choice:  Play Bobby to try and match size or play Ben more for another outside shot and faster lineup.  My guess is we'll see Erik, LaVonte/Will, Ryan, Matt and Kevin a lot with Bobby getting playing time to spell Kevin or if Kevin gets into foul trouble.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

Kyle321n

Quote from: vu72 on March 18, 2013, 09:25:58 AMGreat research!  I'm sure the coaches read this forum all the time and will get Erik to look at it long and hard!  Seriously, I doubt Appling has seen a defender as quick as Erik.  If we run we can negate some of their size advantage.  It will be an interesting coaching choice:  Play Bobby to try and match size or play Ben more for another outside shot and faster lineup.  My guess is we'll see Erik, LaVonte/Will, Ryan, Matt and Kevin a lot with Bobby getting playing time to spell Kevin or if Kevin gets into foul trouble.

He played in the B1G and as much as I love Buggs, Burke is better than Erik, and Appling also played that really good team down in Coral Gables. 
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

StlVUFan

Quote from: Giant Moose on March 18, 2013, 07:32:21 AM
I don't think Valpo needs advice from anyone associated with Michigan. Michigan doesn't even have a Sweet Sixteen appearance since 1994. Valpo's been there more recently.
The message board you are looking for is here: http://sdsufans.com/board/forumdisplay.php?50-Jackrabbit-Men-s-Basketball&s=174b907cd6b9d74fe683a77aee83c14b

Michigan State went to the Final Four 3 years ago.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: StlVUFan on March 18, 2013, 11:40:25 AMMichigan State went to the Final Four 3 years ago.

STL, I love you, man, but you're a little confused about what's happening here...

StlVUFan

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 18, 2013, 12:28:47 PM
Quote from: StlVUFan on March 18, 2013, 11:40:25 AMMichigan State went to the Final Four 3 years ago.

STL, I love you, man, but you're a little confused about what's happening here...

OK, whatever.  I think I got it, but I'm really not sure, not that it matters.

Giant Moose

Dude, he posted pictures from Michigan's win over MSU... literally Michigan's Super Bowl and only thing they accomplished this year besides wearing Zubaz and highlighter jerseys.

Erik Buggs and Valpo should never listen to anything that comes from that clown program.
1957 1979 1999 2000 2001 2005 2009 2010

StlVUFan

Quote from: Giant Moose on March 18, 2013, 02:24:40 PM
Dude, he posted pictures from Michigan's win over MSU... literally Michigan's Super Bowl and only thing they accomplished this year besides wearing Zubaz and highlighter jerseys.

Erik Buggs and Valpo should never listen to anything that comes from that clown program.
OK, so I do have it figured out finally.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Have pity on the 55 yr old, willya? ;)

bbtds

Quote from: Giant Moose on March 18, 2013, 02:24:40 PM

And a Spartan fan would never be prejudiced against the Wolverines (I bet you even hate that X-men movie because of the character's name).  Since you are both from Michigan.   :)