• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Oakland's "new" coach

Started by valpo64, August 19, 2014, 01:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo64

Heard an interview on WJR in Detroit yesterday with King Kampe.  He apparently has a new look in that he said he has lost 52 pounds.  The way he talked the loss was below his shoulders, not above.

bbtds

He should be unrecognizable.

Must have bet his grocery money on "Clanger" making the NBA!

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: bbtds on August 19, 2014, 05:43:36 PM
He should be unrecognizable.

Must have bet his grocery money on "Clanger" making the NBA!
Oh man, I half-smiled, but then I laughed thinking how angry those Oakland fans will be to read it.

You put the Freude in meine Schade.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

Grizz

Not mad he didn't get drafted, nor at your joke. I would want the best for any Oakland player and I would want a Valpo player to make the NBA also.

bbtds

I think he put the bĀ°ten on meine witz.

valpotx

Everybody wants our conference to have more NBA draftees.  Those of us who doubted that he would get drafted, it had nothing to do with NOT wanting him to be drafted.  It would have been great if he was, but just didn't see it happening.
"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Quote from: valpotx on August 26, 2014, 11:59:25 PM
Everybody wants our conference to have more NBA draftees.  Those of us who doubted that he would get drafted, it had nothing to do with NOT wanting him to be drafted.  It would have been great if he was, but just didn't see it happening.

I just didn't want him to be drafted because he's not good enough for the NBA!!!!!

Even the Pistons weren't stupid enough to draft him.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/2014/10/28/kampes-road-success-oakland-middle/18078099/

--The spectacularly named Artis Cleveland is suspended and unlikely to return.

--We'll find out how good a passer Petros is if they really do run the offense through the post.